Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Unable to play music.

I have been an iphone user for the longest time, but my mp3 player died so when it was time to get a new phone I switched to GS3 because of the ability to add the SDcard so that I can store music on the phone and just have one device.

Okay, so I put all 60+gb on an SD card, and had problems, tried a different card, same problems, different brand same problems. Sometimes my music files are recognized and sometimes they are not. I have tried the Music App, the Play Music App, I have downloaded several players. And all these apps just stop recognizing the files as being there, or the files can be seen and I get an error stating that the file cannot be played. I can reboot and sometimes it works. Rescan and sometimes it works, remove the card and put it back and sometimes it works. The weird thing, if I navagate to the file folder and then to the files on the card, I can play them without error, even when the apps don't.

I bought this phone for the ability to use it as an MP3 player. But this is really irritating me. At this point I am ready to toss it and go back to apple and just have two devices.

Can someone help me please.

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts

Default Re: Unable to play music.

Could some of them be protected files you bought through iTunes or are they all just plain MP3 files? I copy MP3 files to my SD card and play them all the time with no problems.. I use the Music app that came on my S3 and when I start it up it sees all the files on my media card.

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts

Now that I think about it more, the issue could be the 64GB card. I think you need to format it a certain way to get it to be seen reliable on that phone. Do a search for that issue. My card is a 32GB card and it works flawlessly all the time, but I've read about challenges getting the 64GB cards to work reliably without reformatting them or something. Good luck!

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts

Here is a link that might be helpful:

http://androidforums.com/samsung-gal...ard-in-s3.html

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts

Let me know if that helps or not..