Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy 3 won't sync with Gmail contacts

Had the phone for long time...never a problem with syncing Gmail, but never synced contacts. Decided to do just that today...cleaned them all up, and hit SYNC CONTACTS in phone settings. Nothing. The wheel turned, but nothing synced, either way (PC or phone). I'm sure there must be others with this problem (I'm on 4.3). Any solution other than deleting everything and starting over? A lot of my contacts are exclusively on the phone and I don't want to lose them.

Default Re: Galaxy 3 won't sync with Gmail contacts

Quote Originally Posted by hybucket View Post
    Had the phone for long time...never a problem with syncing Gmail, but never synced contacts. Decided to do just that today...cleaned them all up, and hit SYNC CONTACTS in phone settings. Nothing. The wheel turned, but nothing synced, either way (PC or phone). I'm sure there must be others with this problem (I'm on 4.3). Any solution other than deleting everything and starting over? A lot of my contacts are exclusively on the phone and I don't want to lose them.
    Go to settings-->application-->gmail then clear cache
    Dont' Forget to press Thank you button and like button when you get an answer
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

And that will not delete the contacts on the phone?

And that will not delete the contacts on the phone?
    clearing cache from gmail will not remove the contact
    Dont' Forget to press Thank you button and like button when you get an answer
    Thanked by:

A lot of my contacts are exclusively on the phone and I don't want to lose them.
    Are you trying to sync these contacts that are only on the phone (meaning they're not tied to your Google account) to your Google account? (BTW, you do know that you can export your contacts to a csv file, or use an app like Excel <-> Contacts Lite: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...elcontactslite to save them, right?)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk