Access and rescue data on a dead screen unit?

IllusionSector

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Friends

The unthinkable happened. I held my GS3 oh so dearly but, evidently, not too firmly in hand. :'( The first time I dropped it, the glass shattered. Then, before I even had a chance to replace the glass shell, it hit the floor again! This time, the screen finally stopped working.

So...
Despite the damage, I can still hear the vibration followed shortly by the AT&T start-up tune when I power her on, which should indicate that she?s at least not brain dead and is otherwise fully functional.

Unfortunately, I had a bunch of stuff on there that I didn't get to or know how to back up before the accident. Obviously, all the multimedia crap can be accessed on a PC via USB, but what about other things, like:
  1. unsynched phone contacts
  2. game progress or, more to the point,
  3. licenses of purchased digital goods
  4. or anything else you can think of
????
Apart from fixing the phone (which is another topic) is there any way to access and save that data? I?ve got a new GS3; can I transfer my purchases, contacts, and game progress data there?

Thanks for any help.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

As long as you don't have a lockscreen enabled you can just use the Kies software on your computer to backup most of what you've mentioned (contacts, pictures/videos, SMS/MMS, call logs, etc.) - then you can use Kies to restore it to the replacement.

You're out of luck with app data though (ex. game progress) unless you can run an app on the phone (ex. Helium: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=com.koushikdutta.backup&token=GE3kY-jY) that allows you to make that kind of backup.

If you really must have full access to the damaged phone you could use something like http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009QW3TBK...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3659309 which would allow you to see the phone screen on a TV or monitor and interact with the UI using a USB mouse/keyboard.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc