Deleted default camera folder

galpal00

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Help!! i can not find my default camera folder. I know i did not delete it all the other folders are there but it seems that my phone just deleted the default gallery folder i had almost 400 pics. Lots were recent and very important so i did not have a chance to sync before my phone decided to delete the folder! Please help!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

Are you storing pictures on the internal memory or an SD card? If you look in the stock Camera app, press the gear icon and scroll down to Storage
zepe2eby.jpg
Then you can use the File Manager of your choice to look in either location for the DCIM/Camera folder, which is where your pictures should be.

Of course the Gallery app should be showing you all of the pictures stored across your device. You could try rebooting the phone which should force a media scan.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

galpal00

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Thank you but I am already saving to memory card. What is weird is the default folder was the only one that disappeared. The other photo folders are all still there. and for what its worth on the default camera folder both the camera and memory card show on the icons to where its being saved.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If I understand you correctly you're saying that in that screenshot I posted, on your phone BOTH radio buttons are selected? That would be a problem because of course radio buttons are mutually exclusive - only one should be selected.

It sounds like your SD card got corrupted. You could try looking for your lost pictures in a LOST.DIR folder on the SD card. Perhaps shut the phone down; remove the SD card; put it in your computer and run a file recovery program on it to see if you can find the missing files.

When all is said and done you should reformat the SD card in the phone.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

sandman96

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I too had this happen a little while back. Unfortunately, the pics are gone. I had been moving the pics out of the default camera folder to other folders so I only lost about 15 pics most were my baby girl and that really ticked me off. I did a lot of researching and found that it's a bug in the OS and it really sucks. So now I have Google+ set to upload any pics I take to the cloud to make sure I don't loose any more pics as well as backing up the pics to my laptop. You can also try apps like dumpster that keep a copy of anything deleted, but then that takes up space, isn't a guarantee to work and you have to go in and empty it every so often.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante