My S3 has lost its mind
I'll try to be as detailed as I can, without being long-winded.
I've been having that Talkback option problem for a few weeks now, like others have posted here. When trying to turn it off the other day, my phone went into some sort of weird mode that I don't understand. The phone doesn't scroll screens anymore, and every time I touch the screen, it does a short vibrate, and the talkback voice tells me what I am touching. I can't open the pull-down notification menu from the top of the screen, and I can't scroll to other screens on the phone. I am stuck on the main screen.
I did a full backup, and a factory reset, no change (except all my backgrounds and files were wiped) but this madness about not scrolling still exists.
I tried loading a new ROM, but no change.
I rooted the phone about 6-8 months ago, and all has been working fine since then. This talkback issue arose maybe a month or 2 ago, and after Googling the problem, I found that it was a wide-spread issue with AT&T (maybe other providers also)
Basically I need to know how to reset the phone, or at least get into the settings menu and be able to scroll down to the talkback screen, to see if there is any options in there that I missed, or can change.
- 05-21-2014, 02:28 PM #2
- 199 Posts
Re: My S3 has lost its mind
When it is in Talkback mode, you actually have to use 2 fingers to scroll (meaning you have to hold two fingers on almost opposite sides of the screen) and you have to double tap to make a selection.
1. From your home screen, click the settings soft key (left of home button)
2. Hold on settings and it will vibrate selecting it. then double tap settings to open it.
3. Hold "My Device" until it vibrates and says "My Device" then double taop to open
4. Scroll down (remember 2 fingers) to Accessibility, Hold to Select it then double tap to open
5. Scroll down to Accessibility, Hold to select and double tap to open.
6. Hold to Select "On" at the top right, then double tap to toggle.
7. You then have to hold OK and double tap to select when prompted that it will turn off Talkback.
- 05-22-2014, 06:30 AM #4
- By Lefacavus in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 12-09-2015, 06:57 AM
- By jrmama42 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 MiniReplies: 1Last Post: 05-24-2014, 11:56 AM
- By Andyvalver in forum Sony Xperia Z2Replies: 5Last Post: 05-22-2014, 02:00 PM
- By Runnin_it in forum HTC One M8Replies: 8Last Post: 05-22-2014, 09:53 AM
- By asdjklghty in forum LG Optimus SeriesReplies: 0Last Post: 05-21-2014, 08:37 AM