Updating a Rooted S3 to 4.3
I did some searching on this forum and didn't find exactly what I was looking for, but my terminology might be off.
I rooted my S3 a while back while it was running 4.1.2. No problems since rooting, except for the stupid talkback notification thing that seems to be affecting everyone.
I want to update my OS to 4.3, but I don't know the best way to do it, since the phone is rooted. I know that I shouldn't use the pushed rom from AT&T, so I tried downloading the Archidroid rom and it seemed to install fine, but after reboot, the OS still shows 4.1.2. Not sure if I did something wrong, or....? I use Odin to do the update, fyi. I also installed the S3 Toolkit and have been using that too.
Any help is appreciated.
- 05-22-2014, 10:30 PM #2
- 81 Posts
Re: Updating a Rooted S3 to 4.3
"Everybody" says not to take the OTA...but I unrooted, took the OTA and rerooted using saferoot. Google or lookup saferoot 4.3 for the AT&T GS3 on xda.
Edit: Here is that link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565758
[ROOT] Saferoot: Root for VRUEMJ7, MK2, and Android 4.3
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
- By Nelimungous in forum LG Optimus G ProReplies: 59Last Post: 07-17-2014, 09:12 PM
- By txhepcatz in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 48Last Post: 05-27-2014, 11:46 PM
- By GlockMasterG9 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 2Last Post: 05-23-2014, 05:53 PM
- By sam.z in forum HTC One Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 05-22-2014, 06:16 AM
- By wookiee2cu in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 05-21-2014, 10:05 PM