AT&T Galaxy S3: kitkat? when??

Austin185

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
When will the at&t version of the s3 get kitkat?? I'm tired of waiting. Any chart I see shows other variants of the s3 but not at&t. Anybody know when we will see the update?

Posted via Android Central App

JudH

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I'd just as soon *never* see KK what with the new rules that cripple external sdcard usage plus the overheating problem and other problems being reported on the S4 and S5. I'm considering rooting and disabling the updater.

Austin185

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Well this sucks. Guess I shall be upgrading from my s3. Was hoping for an update but that does make sense. It is true that old phones go out of date.

Posted via Android Central App

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
For all those that got the notice and installed it, please let us know how it performs. I'm praying they resolved the battery drain issue from other carrier versions.. Looks like it's packed with lots of cool stuff though !

UPDATE (literal): Mine just updated too.. seems like it boots faster.. haven't noticed any major differences.. dialer looks the same as does the other apps.. Noticed a bunch of updates streamed in right after the update was completed.. So far so good. Have yet to have any problems during or after an update and made sure the battery was 100% during the update process too :)

Last edited:

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Installed this afternoon, very impressed. Looks the same, new features not obvious. But it runs fast, no lag, very smooth. And I think battery is better. A great improvement that does not require learning a whole new interface.

SlappyMcgee

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I updated this morning, working ok so far. Not much difference in looks. But I do not like the new location Settings thing. Just to turn on GPS is a PIA compared to the way it was.

Raiders76

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
The update went great. I did the factory reset, after reading how much better the phone would be. I think the battery life improved after the factory reset. I another thing I am seeing is make sure in settings that the Nearby devices is turned on when reconnecting to the pc, I was having trouble with the pc seeing the phone after the reset .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12