Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Black screen

I have a galaxy S3 phone and I dropped it in water. When I pulled the back off there was only a few drops of water on it. I dried out he phone for a few days and the phone works but I have a black screen. When I turn the phone on to vibrates to start up. I hear the notification tones the text messages alerts so the phone it working however I have a black screen. I tried the reboot thing Up volume key + home + start up button but it still has a black screen. I actually was able to hook up the phone to the computer and it downloaded all my stuff (photos and videos) however now it doesn't show that there is anything on the phone anymore. ANy advise or help would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Black screen

Welcome to the forums!

It sounds like your screen was damaged by the water, and it also sounds like you didn't follow the standard recommendations for what to do if your device gets wet, namely: remove the battery and immerse the phone in uncooked rice in a sealed container for a few days.

You could still try that and see if things get better, but if not you'd need to get the screen assembly replaced (~$130). It might be a more worthwhile investment to apply that to the purchase of a new phone (the Moto X is currently on sale for $100 off).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk