Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Thumbs down My GS3 cannot connect to servers AND messaging/calls are weird...

So yesterday I was using my GS3, and I was using social media such as Snapchat and Instagram. About an hour later, I tried using both of them again, and it told me it could not connect to server. So I tried some other apps, like Google Play, Google Chrome, Instagram, Snapchat, Gmail, Pintrest, and Tumblr. None of them worked. It doesn't matter if I am connected to Wi-fi or 4G LTE, It still can't connect to server. I have resarted it, taken out the battery, but I'm afraid to try unintalling something like Snapchat, because I don't know if I can get it back because the Play store also doesn't work. I tryed these apps on my Apple iPad, and they all work fine. It is only happening with apps that require either 4G or Wi-fi. Other games and stuff work fine.

My messaging and calls have been weird as well. With messaging, if I send someone a text, they receive it, but it does not show on my phone that I even ever wrote or sent it. With calls, sometimes if someone calls me, it doesn't tell me at all, but it will say if I missed a call or have a voicemail.

Please someone try to help me

Default Re: My GS3 cannot connect to servers AND messaging/calls are weird...

Welcome to the forums!

You can try booting into Safe mode http://support.verizonwireless.com/s...ase.html/59242 to see if phone calls and Messaging are working (none of your 3rd party apps will work in Safe mode). If that works ok then some 3rd party app is causing your problems.

If it doesn't work then I'd suggest a Factory Reset (make sure you backup any information that you care about first).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk