KitKat downloaded and then tried to install but aborted on reboot. I have CWM recovery installed...did that cause a problem? What can I do to get AT&T KitKat installed? Any help is appreciated.
    06-20-2014 04:14 PM
    I have CWM installed on my phone and did not have any problems.
    I am no expert but are you sure your phone is not rooted? When 4.3 was rolled out honestly I had completed forgotten my phone was rooted and it failed until I un rooted my phone. After that I had no problems.
    06-21-2014 06:32 AM
    It is not rooted.
    06-21-2014 07:43 AM
    I, too, am having trouble getting KitKat installed. It downloads just fine but then fails at 28%. I checked why (press the menu button to check progress of install) and I got the following error "/system/app/SmartWiFi_vpl_ATT.apk has unexpected contents. E:Error in /cache/fota/2400xx.cfg (status 7)" (the xx I can't read). See the attached picture. I've unrooted my phone and done several factory wipes hoping that would solve the issue, but sadly it has not. It fails at 28% install. Any ideas?

Edit: Apparently, I still have root. I thought I got rid of it. Can someone instruct me on how to unroot. I uninstalled SuperSU from inside the app and then did the full cleanup. Then to check root I downloaded Titanium Backup and it said it couldn't get root access. However, when I just downloaded RootChecker it said I had root. I'm so confused.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.4.2 update fail.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	122.7 KB 
ID:	124459
    06-21-2014 01:22 PM
    KitKat downloaded and then tried to install but aborted on reboot. I have CWM recovery installed...did that cause a problem? What can I do to get AT&T KitKat installed? Any help is appreciated.
    I had the same problem. I shut the phone down manually and restarted it. Phone's working fine.

Posted via Android Central App
    06-21-2014 02:01 PM
    my phone works fine...problem is cwm interrupts the install with questions and the install fails. I need to know how to remove cwm and install the stock recovery...can anyone help me?

06-21-2014 02:17 PM
    my phone works fine...problem is cwm interrupts the install with questions and the install fails. I need to know how to remove cwm and install the stock recovery...can anyone help me?

I was given a step-by-step list on the other very popular forum and now I have 4.4.2 (official AT&T) on my phone. And it's still rooted. The steps will get you back to the stock recovery, but you won't need it following the steps. PM me if you want the link
    06-21-2014 05:33 PM
    I have 2 Galaxy s3 phones. One downloaded 4.4.2 the other could not find it. Update message said the latest OS for Android was 4.3.
    06-22-2014 12:43 PM