AT&T S3 KitKat update problems

anedge

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
So Wednesday I did the update, and noticed within a few days I was having battery charging issues, Bluetooth connectivity, lagging screen and a few apps were force closing. After a lot of research and not wanting to do a factory reset, I found the solution. You need to wipe the cache partition. You need to go into system recovery to do this. Shut the phone down completely and wait a minute or two. Press and hold the volume up rocker, power button and home screen button simultaneously and release all at the same time when the Samsung logo appears ( about 2-3seconds). You will boot into recovery mode. Use the volume down key to highlight the "wipe cache partition" and then press the power button to initiate. It should automatically highlight "reboot system now" after it does its job. Press power button and it will reboot the system
From what I've been reading many suggest a factory reset after the update. I figured I'd give it a try this way, instead of spending a few hours reloading apps and configuring the system to my liking.
This worked like a charm and the phone is as snappy as the day I got it with all the above problems gone! The Bluetooth especially is working much ,much better.
If anyone has had any problems with the update and tried this method to resolve them let us know.

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Do you need to make a backup of everything before you do this? Will it erase or change anything on the phone?

Raiders76

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Best way to backup is using Kies. First make sure you have the latest Kies SW I think its 3.0. Then do your back up it will back up your email settings, contacts, photos, music. Not all the apps will come back make a list so you remember. Just follow the above directions.It is like having a new phone after.

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Best way to backup is using Kies. First make sure you have the latest Kies SW I think its 3.0. Then do your back up it will back up your email settings, contacts, photos, music. Not all the apps will come back make a list so you remember. Just follow the above directions.It is like having a new phone after.

I know a phone reset will wipe the phone but what about wiping the cache partition? Will that delete anything and require a backup?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
what about wiping the cache partition? Will that delete anything and require a backup?
Wiping the system cache in Recovery mode doesn't touch any of your data - no backup necessary.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante