- 4 Posts
I just bought a second hand S3 and I'm noticing a weird quirk: when I put my hand over the back of the phone, the WiFi signal decreases dramatically. From three bars to zero. Even putting my finger on the space below the camera does it. I'm guessing this is where wifi antenna is. Also, having the phone in a charging case renders the wifi signal almost useless.
Is this just typical, or is this a flaw? And is theee any fix for it? Installing a third party WiFi antenna, maybe?
- 06-26-2014, 12:20 AM #2
Re: WiFi problems
Wow, that's pretty dramatic. I've never heard of that problem (at least, not to that degree) on S3's. I would suspect a faulty antenna. You could consider bringing it a repair shop to check the internal connections (or if you're brave, open the phone up yourself--there are probably YouTube videos showing how to do it).
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 12-21-2014, 08:52 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-03-2014, 12:25 PM
- By darryjr in forum HTC One M8Replies: 5Last Post: 07-03-2014, 12:04 AM
- By Tyco2275 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-28-2014, 03:48 AM
- By jabwtv in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 6Last Post: 06-26-2014, 09:22 AM