What is current AT&T update?

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I looked back at previous posts attempting to answer this question myself but couldn't. I see posts from the middle of June referring to a 4.3 update and since I'm already running 4.3 I'm can't ascertain what this update is. I checked for AT&T updates today and there is one but before I download it I'd like to know what it is. I use PdaNet+ for laptop tethering and I want to be certain it will still work after the update. Thanks in advance for answering my question.

crazymonkey0504

May 22, 2012
Visit site
The most recent att update is the NE4 bootloader it is android 4.4 and is pretty nice.....you might want to read up on it before you update though.... There are plenty of threads on XDA that talk about the update

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I checked on the PdaNet+ website and the S3 w/ 4.4 works w/ PdaNet+ according to them. I guess I'll update to 4.4 and hope I like it a lot better than I did the 4.3 update which slightly increased my battery usage & severely decreased the range of my Plantronics Bluetooth earpiece.

I read some of the threads here on 4.4 and I'm thinking clearing the cache after the update is a good idea. Did you do that?

I just as realized as I'm downloading the update that I was looking at the Verizon portion of the PdaNet+ devices chart so now I'll have to wait for the update to finish to see if PdaNet+ still works. I certainly hope it does because it saves me $20/mo in tethering charges. For the AT&T S3 the chart doesn't say anything about 4.4 so I've got my fingers crossed. It does state that 4.3 breaks the WiFi tethering but I use the Bluetooth Dun with great results. Sooner or later I think I'm going to have to pay for the tethering because I'm planning on getting a Note 4 when they're available and I don't think PdaNet+ works on the Note 3. Also I think I lose my unlimited data when I add tethering.

PdaNet+/FoxFi works fine in the Bluetooth Dun mode on my Win7 PC after the 4.4.2 update.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance