Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy 3 randomly shuts off...restarts only by removing battery

I know this is an old story, but I haven't seen this exact problem. My S3 will shut off probably once a day by itself. It will not turn back on unless I remove the battery for a couple of minutes. Then it will start up and run fine. Anyone else experience this particular issue? I know there are other posts of the unit randomly turning itself off, but I haven't seen anything about removing the battery to get it going again. No rooting or such on the phone...on Android 4.3. Was thinking of updating to KitKat, but now thinking twice about that til I figure out what's going on with the shut-off.

Default Re: Galaxy 3 randomly shuts off...restarts only by removing battery

How old is your phone/battery?
    What's the battery level like when it shuts down and does it show the same level when you turn it on again?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Level varies, but is close to the same when it boots back up.

How old is the phone/battery? Is it the original battery? If so, use Phone INFO http://market.android.com/details?id...uyen.phoneinfo to check the number of charge cycles.

Have you tried booting into Safe mode http://support.verizonwireless.com/s...ase.html/59242 to see if the problem persists?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

The safe mode thing would probably be useless, as it happens only randomly.Will check the charge cycles tho...Thx.