AT&T GS3 wont update.

Bryce51

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone!
So I keep getting this update prompt on my SGH I747 through At&T that says there is an update. Ot poswers off and begins to update. Gets to 28% and fails... Any idea why? Or a fix possibly?
Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

Is there anything special about your phone? Rooted? Unlocked bootloader? Custom Recovery software?
What firmware do you currently have on there?

You could try booting into Recovery mode and clearing the system cache - that'll wipe out the update (in case it got corrupted somehow). Then reboot and try starting the update again.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Bryce51

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Heeey! No, its stock. I have tried multiple times to root it but it wont. "Superuser has unexpectedly stopped" or whatever. Root Checker confirmed no root.👌Thats a good idea! Ill try that

Posted via Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If you've tried to root then something may have happened that's preventing the OTA from installing. If you try the update again and it fails then your best bet would be to reload the stock firmware manually.

You could try using the Kies software to reload it - depending on what version it loads you may not have to do an OTA when you're done.

What version firmware do you currently have?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinmo