Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why removing battery solved problem?

Just curious: Despite tons of software bugs when I first used my Galaxy S3 4 months ago, my phone has been working flawlessly until today. I was texting my ex-girlfriend and all of a sudden my phone turned off abruptly. I tried to turn it back on but it wouldn't work. I spent 20 minutes ripping the Otterbox off and removed the battery; after 1 minute, I put the battery back on. The phone now works. Why did this fix the problem? Is this a sign of future problems?

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts

Default Re: Why removing battery solved problem?

it is a soft reset. Even when you power things down. Even on a restart there still is power going through the RAM and cache and stuff like that and it causes faults. It is no different than getting a BOD on windows (hopefully less often though)

I would not look at this as a sign of things to come or that something is wrong. The bits just got tangled up
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by NoNexus View Post
    it is a soft reset. Even when you power things down. Even on a restart there still is power going through the RAM and cache and stuff like that and it causes faults. It is no different than getting a BOD on windows (hopefully less often though)

I would not look at this as a sign of things to come or that something is wrong. The bits just got tangled up
    Now I understand! Thanks for the reply. When I build my cyborg humanoid in the future, I hope these kinds of problems won't happen.

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by budgy View Post
    Now I understand! Thanks for the reply. When I build my cyborg humanoid in the future, I hope these kinds of problems won't happen.
    I had BETTER get a beta invite...

Good luck!
    Thanked by:
    budgy 

Welcome to the forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by budgy View Post
    I was texting my ex-girlfriend and all of a sudden my phone turned off abruptly.
    Your phone was trying to prevent you from making any further relationship errors with your ex.

Seriously though, what was the battery level like when the phone turned off? When you finally got it to turn back on, was the battery level still about the same?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    budgy 
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    Welcome to the forums!Your phone was trying to prevent you from making any further relationship errors with your ex.

Seriously though, what was the battery level like when the phone turned off? When you finally got it to turn back on, was the battery level still about the same?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    I only dated her because she's good looking; she's dumb as a bag of rocks.

The battery level was at 78% when it turned off. When I turned it back on, it was still at 78%. The battery life is still excellent because I deactivated the bloat-ware running when the phone is on.