Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Never received 4.4.2 update

I have noticed that I'm not the only one with this issue, but that doesn't mean it's not still maddening, which is putting it lightly. The update came out almost two months ago and everyone I know with an S3 got the Kitkat update, even my boyfriend, which shares a plan with me, got it. So, I kept trying to update, but it keeps saying that the software update is interrupted, to wait 24 hours, and that my phone is up to date. Fine, I tried going through Kies, that says I have an updated version of Android, I don't, I still have 4.3. I also tried contacting AT&T tech support, all they wanted to do was make sure Kitkat was available for the S3, which a simple Google search could figure that out. They told me to wait two weeks, it's now been almost two months and still no update.

Some people told me to try AT&T again and have them push the update, but when I tried doing that before, they wanted me to wait. So, has anyone figured out this problem and why it's happening to some people? What kind of fix am I going to have to do?

My phone is not rooted, I haven't rooted a phone since the HTC Wildfire S. I thought about doing this one, but I am still in a contract and would rather wait.

Default Re: Never received 4.4.2 update

Hi there, just some advice. I would not do the KitKat update if you use apps that store to your external memory. I wish I had never updated now. I use a program to hide images and video from prying eyes. Since the KitKat update Google has disabled the write feature to the memory card so apps that were able to write to the card can nolonger doe this. It's annoying because you end up with the original image still visible on your card and duplicates in your app stored on the internal memory. And this goes fir any app that writes to the external card.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Resendetra View Post
    I tried going through Kies, that says I have an updated version of Android
    Which version of Kies are you using? It should be v3.

Have you tried taking it to Best Buy? They have the capability to reload the firmware from scratch (will they is a different question).

Unfortunately, AT&T doesn't make the current firmware available on the common Samsung sites, so you can't load it yourself, which would be the easiest thing to do.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    Which version of Kies are you using? It should be v3.

Have you tried taking it to Best Buy? They have the capability to reload the firmware from scratch (will they is a different question).

Unfortunately, AT&T doesn't make the current firmware available on the common Samsung sites, so you can't load it yourself, which would be the easiest thing to do.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Yes, it's v3. It says my firmware is up to date when I plug it in and when I try to manually update the firmware on there, it won't recognize my phone. So I tried unplugging it and putting in the model number and S/N, it then wants to take my phone back to 4.1.1

I guess I could try Best Buy, but as you said, it depends on if they'll do it or not.

::EDIT - 8/17:: I decided to upgrade to a Galaxy S5 Active instead. So maybe I will root the S3 just for the sake of it now. Hah!