Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Missing Images in DCIM Folder

When I connect my Galaxy S3 to my PC via USB, as a USB media device, the images in my DCIM folder on the SD card do not appear. Even though the photos will show up on the phone. Everything shows up fine when connected to my wife's PC, so I would imagine it is something with my PC. Any ideas what might be going on? Thanks.

Default Re: Missing Images in DCIM Folder

Welcome to Android Central! Are you using a PC? Does your S3 show up on your computer correctly as Galaxy S3 in Windows Explorer? Did this just start for you, after the most recent slew of Windows Updates earlier this month? It may be due to an erroneous update that Microsoft pushed out, that is causing problems with USB connectivity for various devices.

See this thread, where I describe how I fixed the problem for my phone: Nexus 5 connecting via USB as wrong device
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I am using a PC with Windows 7. The phone shows up correctly named. The problem I am having started in June. I can see all the photos and videos on my phone, but they do not show up on the PC. When I open up the device on the computer, there is a folder for the phone and a folder for the SD card, but when I open up the card folder, only a few items show up. One of the items is the DCIM folder, but when I open up the DCIM folder to get to the photos and videos, nothing shows up.

Do you have the latest drivers installed on your computer? Download Center: Download Software, Firmware, Drivers & Manuals | Samsung
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yes. I even got rid of the driver that I had and reloaded the newest driver again, but still no luck.