Battery issues with 4.4.2

mikeinpa

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I hope this isn't a duplicate thread. I couldn't find one like this. I recently updated my S3 to 4.4.2 with ATT. Since then I have been having issues with my phone charging. For example, I plug it in overnight and when I wake up in the morning I find the green light telling me it is at full charge lit. I look at the screen and it tells me it is at 50%. When I unplug it 100% is displayed. Then I start using it and it drops quickly. When I plug it back in again it shows it is at approximately 30%. I have tried reflashing the firmware and doing resets. I cleared the cache by going to the boot screen. I would really like to keep this phone until at least the Note 4 but preferably until the S6. Can anyone please help? thanks

anedge

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
You may need to do a factory reset if wiping the cache partition didn't work. This is a previous thread I posted....So Wednesday I did the update, and noticed within a few days I was having battery charging issues, Bluetooth connectivity, lagging screen and a few apps were force closing. After a lot of research and not wanting to do a factory reset, I found the solution. You need to wipe the cache partition. You need to go into system recovery to do this. Shut the phone down completely and wait a minute or two. Press and hold the volume up rocker, power button and home screen button simultaneously and release all at the same time when the Samsung logo appears ( about 2-3seconds). You will boot into recovery mode. Use the volume down key to highlight the "wipe cache partition" and then press the power button to initiate. It should automatically highlight "reboot system now" after it does its job. Press power button and it will reboot the system
From what I've been reading many suggest a factory reset after the update. I figured I'd give it a try this way, instead of spending a few hours reloading apps and configuring the system to my liking.
This worked like a charm and the phone is as snappy as the day I got it with all the above problems gone! The Bluetooth especially is working much ,much better.
If anyone has had any problems with the update and tried this method to resolve them let us know.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I plug it in overnight and when I wake up in the morning I find the green light telling me it is at full charge lit. I look at the screen and it tells me it is at 50%. When I unplug it 100% is displayed. Then I start using it and it drops quickly. When I plug it back in again it shows it is at approximately 30%.
Sounds to me like your battery is shot.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I followed your instructions with no luck, I have been sitting at 0% for the last half hour!
It normally takes a couple of seconds at most to wipe the system cache in Recovery mode - if your phone is stuck there then try to long-press the Power button (about ten seconds) to physically turn it off. Or pull the battery, wait a minute or two, then reinsert it and try booting into Recovery mode again.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34