Frequent crashes lately

Dansport

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
For about the last 2 months my phone (a stock AT&T S3, I even uninstalled Nova Launcher) just up and restarts all by itself. Sometimes just sitting there, sometimes while I'm using it. How can I find out what's doing it?

Posted from another Galaxy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
A few things to try:

1. If you have an SD card, unmount it (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and reboot. A corrupt card can cause various issues.
2. Try booting into Safe Mode, which prevents all 3rd party apps from starting up. If the crashes stop, then you can start opening apps one by one, and see if and when crashes recur. Restart the Device in Safe Mode Samsung Galaxy S III | Verizon Wireless
3. Try wiping the system cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

Dansport

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I cleared the cache and took out the SD card and it kept crashing. Today I finally got a chance to sit down and work with it and restarted it in safe mode. I was looking for a way to get on the web (no browsers in safe mode) and it crashed again - in safe mode. Next? Factory reset? Bigger hammer? Actually, I'd like to see a log that tells me what's going on just before it crashes. What's the best way to do that?

Posted from another Galaxy

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis