S3 recover from IMEI and Modem issues - need help please!

gomesnz

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3, which I have root and unlocked. Its a AT&T SGH-I747 as per the label behind the battery.

Phone has been working a treat for sometime and I settled on the "StockMod Rom". Status screen is showing the following:

Model Number = SGH-T999
Android version = 4.3
Kernel version = 3.0.31-1804024
Build number = T999UVUEMJC StockMod ROM RLS2
SE for Android status = Permissive.

What I didn't know was that the S3 has an issue where the it stops registering the SIM on the network. Note that it did show the correct IMEI number. The first time this happened I just turned it off/on a dozen times and reset the SIM. But the second time this didn't work. So I spend about 10 hours trying to fix it and I only made it worse. One of the options was to reload the modem files which I did from the xda-developers forum and that made things worse. Now I have no network at all:

Network=unknown
Mobile network type=Unknown
Service Stat = Out of Service
Mobile network state = Disconnected
My phone number=Unknown
IMEI=Unknown

Also I note that the above status is showing the phone as model SGH-T999, which is the T-Mobile version. So thats obviously a problem.

Can anyone guide me through how to recover my phone. This would be hugely appreciated as working with my old rooted and rom'd motorola MB860 is tiresome.

Many thanks Darrin.

Attachments

• Model number.jpg
    Model number.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Status.jpg
    Status.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Network info.jpg
    Network info.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 6

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to see that happened to you :( That happened to my S2, and the only way to fix that was to replace the board, which in the end was more expensive than getting a new phone with a new contract, so I upgraded.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci