Rob Walker 3rd

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I am sure this has been asked millions of times, but my search function talents have failed me. AT&T has tons of random applications I have hidden/ disabled. I'm wondering the process to get rid of all of that nonsense all together. I know I have them out of sight out of mind which is fine, but the OCD in me would rather them gone all together.

...I assume the answer would be to root my phone? Just wondering what my options would be.

Thanks gents.

r_kmelody

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
You guessed it right, roots the sure way to get rid of all the bloat. However, you are able to disable certain bloatware by going to settings<apps<picking the app you don't want<and clicking disable. Thats pretty much what i have been doing on the past few android phones that i have owned.

Dsat1908

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I rooted my AT&T HTC One about a week after I bought it. Waiting for Cyanogen to publish ROM but in the meantime running rooted stock ROM & Launcher Pro. With Titanium Backup I was able to either freeze or uninstall the AT&T bloatware that I didn't want (which was most of it). I also installed the MODACO Tweak for the BACK BUTTON, love it but it took a few times to get that to work. Even rooted I have been unable to disable the damn HTC Sync software when I connect USB to my Windows 7 PC. I deleted the sync APK's and every time I reboot the phone, they magically return. Other than that minor annoyance, this is an awesome phone (had two early iPhones & three previous Android phones). Enjoy

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
The bloatware is not bad on this phone. But what I did was disable the apps I don't care about and then tossed them into a junk folder I created so as to unclutter my app drawer and so I wouldn't have to look at them. You can even install a launcher like Apex and hide the apps you've disabled.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
You can hide the apps in the default launcher, so that's a plus ... Once hidden they are as good as gone. I wouldn't recommend deleting apps if you are a novice, later when you attempt to update this could mess with the devices signature, disable & hide them ... And you won't have any issues.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon