Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Gunnyman
  • 3 Post By Todesengel
  • 2 Post By vasekvi
  • 1 Post By cgardnervt
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default

    I currently have the 32GB HTC One with AT&T. I would like to be able to tether without a plan and use Google Wallet but remain on AT&T's network. I am looking into selling my One I got on launch day for an unlocked 32GB.
    I've heard that the unlocked One in the US has LTE for AT&T & T-Mobile. Can I confirm that fact and whether or not I can use Google Wallet and tether if I am still using AT&T's service, but not their branded phone? Thanks in advance

    EDIT: I also forgot to mention that I don't want AT&T to hold back future updates (4.2.2 and on) by months like with the One X.

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Sell my AT&T One and buy it unlocked?

    Quote Originally Posted by andresgalvan98 View Post
    I currently have the 32GB HTC One with AT&T. I would like to be able to tether without a plan and use Google Wallet but remain on AT&T's network. I am looking into selling my One I got on launch day for an unlocked 32GB.
    I've heard that the unlocked One in the US has LTE for AT&T & T-Mobile. Can I confirm that fact and whether or not I can use Google Wallet and tether if I am still using AT&T's service, but not their branded phone? Thanks in advance

    EDIT: I also forgot to mention that I don't want AT&T to hold back future updates (4.2.2 and on) by months like with the One X.

    Posted via Android Central App
    I hope that you do not mean that you want to steal internet time from ATT without paying for the time. That is basically dishonest, and if you are doing it, I hope ATT discovers your underhanded action and either drops you completely or throttles you. I just like being honest.

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Sell my AT&T One and buy it unlocked?

    Quote Originally Posted by idaute View Post
    I hope that you do not mean that you want to steal internet time from ATT without paying for the time. That is basically dishonest, and if you are doing it, I hope ATT discovers your underhanded action and either drops you completely or throttles you. I just like being honest.

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    +1

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by idaute View Post
    I hope that you do not mean that you want to steal internet time from ATT without paying for the time. That is basically dishonest, and if you are doing it, I hope ATT discovers your underhanded action and either drops you completely or throttles you. I just like being honest.

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    You can't say I'm the only one who doesn't want to pay for tethering. That's a service that should belong to us. If you're not interested in helping me, then get out.
    What I meant was keep my 3GB plan but be able to tether...
    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Sell my AT&T One and buy it unlocked?

    Quote Originally Posted by andresgalvan98 View Post
    You can't say I'm the only one who doesn't want to pay for tethering. That's a service that should belong to us. If you're not interested in helping me, then get out.
    What I meant was keep my 3GB plan but be able to tether...
    Posted via Android Central App
    Your phone should belong to me. It's my right because I want it. Your car, too, if you're old enough to drive.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Sell my AT&T One and buy it unlocked?

    Quote Originally Posted by andresgalvan98 View Post
    You can't say I'm the only one who doesn't want to pay for tethering. That's a service that should belong to us. If you're not interested in helping me, then get out.
    What I meant was keep my 3GB plan but be able to tether...
    Posted via Android Central App
    Come on you ***, that's like saying that your not the only who wants to rape either a girl or a company and thus it is OK for me to rape either one. You are apparently one of the gimee, gimee, gimee and there are way too many of your kind in our country. You and your kind might be the demise of our country. Part of the 47% and unfortunately that percentage is growing. Sad, really sad!

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
  7. #7  
    jsntrenkler's Avatar

    Posts
    457 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    unNamed v2.2.1

    Default Re: Sell my AT&T One and buy it unlocked?

    Quote Originally Posted by andresgalvan98 View Post
    You can't say I'm the only one who doesn't want to pay for tethering. That's a service that should belong to us. If you're not interested in helping me, then get out.
    What I meant was keep my 3GB plan but be able to tether...
    Posted via Android Central App
    There are other forums out there that will help you with your dilemma with stealing data, this forum however will not. I would recommend sticking with your current HTC One, if it's not broken why fix it? The developer phone won't help you too much with when it comes to anything you mentioned as you can easily unlock your phone via HTC Dev and accomplish the same.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Sell my AT&T One and buy it unlocked?

    how is tethering stealing data?
    It's breaking a rule, sure but stealing? hardly. You pay for your data and using it for tethering isn't robbing anyone of anything.
    Thanked by:
    andresgalvan98 and Todesengel like this.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Sell my AT&T One and buy it unlocked?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnyman View Post
    how is tethering stealing data?
    It's breaking a rule, sure but stealing? hardly. You pay for your data and using it for tethering isn't robbing anyone of anything.
    I agree. You're paying for the data. Whether you use it on your phone, or tether it to the laptop you're still paying for that data. What difference does the medium make? It's just the networks trying to screw you over even more, to make another penny. You're not stealing anything, its your data, that you paid for. How you use it should be of no matter to the networks.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Sell my AT&T One and buy it unlocked?

    AT&T throttles LTE at 5GB and HSPA+ at 3GB. If you have a data plan you should be able to do whatever you want with it. You paid for it. I have unlimited data grandfathered in on AT&T and they called me telling me they would charge me for tethering because I had one of my lines connected by HDMI to my TV to watch netflix. After a long discussion they also told me that if anything is plugged into the phone to share what the phone is accessing online it is tethering. Including listening to Pandora plugged into the 3.5mm aux input in the car.

    The OP in my opinion has every right to do what he wants with his data. If he uses up his 3gb tethering than so be it.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    andresgalvan98 and jthore like this.
  11. #11  
    cohoman's Avatar

    Posts
    219 Posts
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One Stock All the Way

    Default Re: Sell my AT&T One and buy it unlocked?

    Quote Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post
    I agree. You're paying for the data. Whether you use it on your phone, or tether it to the laptop you're still paying for that data. What difference does the medium make? It's just the networks trying to screw you over even more, to make another penny. You're not stealing anything, its your data, that you paid for. How you use it should be of no matter to the networks.
    I agree with all of this, but the bottom line is AT&T made this rule that customers agreed to abide by to use their service. In the end, if you don't agree with rules then don't use their service.
  12. #12  
    cgardnervt's Avatar

    Posts
    2,671 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

    Default Re: Sell my AT&T One and buy it unlocked?

    If you pay fpr 3 gigs of data or whatever the amount that you spend its your right to use it the way that you want too. Its just how it should be. So depending on how its done it might not be an issue. I for one have no use for tethering. So I just don't do it. There for tethering should come with ANY data plan for free. And it does with 5gigs+ on the share everything plans I think. But I think the OP should be allowed to tether as long as they pay for what they use. Simple! This is not a prepaid service.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!
    andresgalvan98 likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Still wifi issues with my AT&T htc one x
    By Movadoevo8 in forum HTC One X
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-23-2013, 07:16 PM
  2. Had my Vivid for a week and hate it
    By Ethan1122 in forum HTC Vivid
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 09:27 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-16-2012, 07:08 AM
  4. Thinking of selling my Gnex after 2 weeks of using it
    By android010 in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 12-31-2011, 10:36 PM
  5. Had my A500 for 3 weeks and love it but
    By mcoletti in forum Acer Iconia A500
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-27-2011, 03:16 PM

Posting Permissions

B