just got my htc after using iphone for 5 years, please guys some help!

Christian Campos

May 23, 2013
Visit site
just bought my htc went to the gym and really loved how clean spotify looked and sound like i was working out! really loving the phone and i have 14 days with it in case i decide to go back to ios. believe me i want to keep the phone but if it gives me trouble using it i wont... i just want simplicity and quickness!

i just downloaded GO SMS PRO and have changed the theme to a black and red, looks really nice; the text message lay out is the same color also making it look unique and nice! however every time i get a text i can either just reply to it from anywhere i am on the phone; since a window pops up (thumbs up for that) or i have to open up the GO SMS PRO to read and reply the text. Im also noticing that if i dont see a text within a few minutes of being sent to me, the text message icon that comes with the phone shows me that i have 1 text message sent. in other words seems like i get it on the phone and also on GO SMS PRO. is there anyway to just have it on GO SMS pro at all times WITHOUT having to have to open the app to access the message? and not have to use the regular text message the phone came with anymore?

my other question would be regarding the battery life; its been charging for about 4 hours how and its just reaching the half way full, with iphone by now wouldnt been fully charged... any tips on this? does this mean the battery will last longer at 50% charged than an iphone at 100%?

guys thank you so much any tips would be greatly appreciate it, Im looking forward to learn about this phone and keep it for a long time!

thanks to all

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
For the messaging concern, go into the stock SMS messaging application, then go into settings. Turn off all notifications within that application. There may also be a setting in GO SMS that marks it as the default messaging app for all MMS and SMS. I know there is one in Handcent like that.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
just bought my htc went to the gym and really loved how clean spotify looked and sound like i was working out! really loving the phone and i have 14 days with it in case i decide to go back to ios. believe me i want to keep the phone but if it gives me trouble using it i wont... i just want simplicity and quickness!

i just downloaded GO SMS PRO and have changed the theme to a black and red, looks really nice; the text message lay out is the same color also making it look unique and nice! however every time i get a text i can either just reply to it from anywhere i am on the phone; since a window pops up (thumbs up for that) or i have to open up the GO SMS PRO to read and reply the text. Im also noticing that if i dont see a text within a few minutes of being sent to me, the text message icon that comes with the phone shows me that i have 1 text message sent. in other words seems like i get it on the phone and also on GO SMS PRO. is there anyway to just have it on GO SMS pro at all times WITHOUT having to have to open the app to access the message? and not have to use the regular text message the phone came with anymore?

my other question would be regarding the battery life; its been charging for about 4 hours how and its just reaching the half way full, with iphone by now wouldnt been fully charged... any tips on this? does this mean the battery will last longer at 50% charged than an iphone at 100%?

guys thank you so much any tips would be greatly appreciate it, Im looking forward to learn about this phone and keep it for a long time!

thanks to all

The HTC One by default will charge slower than the iPhone. HTC said its so the battery will last a lot longer and not die off early. I think its new technology for HTC. The HOX had the same issue if I remember correctly.

However if you want a shorter charge enable battery saver mode while you charge the device. It seems to work for me a little bit better.

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
one of the posters is correct..there is a setting in GoSMS that makes that app the default SMS program, but you will also have to go into the stock one and turn off things like auto retrieve and notifications...at least I do and I only get alerted from GoSMS

Christian Campos

May 23, 2013
Visit site
yo guys thanks a lot for all your help truly appreciate this... by the way i learned some cool things today like getting audio off youtube and saving it in my music list; i think this is awsome since i listen to music all day and some music are in youtube and nowhere else like remixes and all that.... if you guys need some help or wan to get this on your phone let me know ill let you know how this works!
on another note im trying to use group texting with buddies who use iphone, i was told this works using go sms pro which is what im now using; i went under applications and checked the group texting tab there; and still they get my messages but when they reply it comes off separate not in the same window where im trying to group text... anybody got this working? help would be highly appreciate it! thank you all!

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
It's been a while since I used Go SMS, but I remember when I first used it I couldn't get the group messaging working right. I use Handcent, which works well for group messaging (although every once in a while, I will encounter a quirky action - like my reply never being received and disappearing from the message chain. I'm currently playing with the beta of Textra, which is a brand new app. It supports group messaging as well.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 5 still gets much better battery life for the most part with a smaller battery.

AnandTech | The HTC One Review

The HTC One by default will charge slower than the iPhone. HTC said its so the battery will last a lot longer and not die off early. I think its new technology for HTC. The HOX had the same issue if I remember correctly.

However if you want a shorter charge enable battery saver mode while you charge the device. It seems to work for me a little bit better.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Actually with all of the unnecessary services turned off, my mom is able to get 8 hours on her battery.

And you have to remember that ios is much simpler than android. It doesn't have nfc, widgets, and several other features that would destroy battery life.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site

thanks to all

It should fully charge from say 20% in about 3 hours using the supplied wall plug. What are you using to charge?

JRLasVegas

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
yo guys thanks a lot for all your help truly appreciate this... by the way i learned some cool things today like getting audio off youtube and saving it in my music list; i think this is awsome since i listen to music all day and some music are in youtube and nowhere else like remixes and all that.... if you guys need some help or wan to get this on your phone let me know ill let you know how this works!
on another note im trying to use group texting with buddies who use iphone, i was told this works using go sms pro which is what im now using; i went under applications and checked the group texting tab there; and still they get my messages but when they reply it comes off separate not in the same window where im trying to group text... anybody got this working? help would be highly appreciate it! thank you all!

There is an option in the stock messages program to turn on group chat. I use it and works fine for me. Also regarding battery, mine gets a full charge from the wall unit in about 2.5 hours. Are you using something else to charge it like a laptop? Here is a screen shot of my battery life today after I only used it about 10 time for little things like texts and emails.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370047737558.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370047737558.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 28
  • uploadfromtaptalk1370047759364.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370047759364.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 27

Allan k1

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Well, actually no... When I add things like widgets to my iPhone (jailbreak) it did not affect the battery all that much. With enough stuff though Id notice an occasional small lag. Not much beyond the HTC one though. I think personally it has more to do with software optimization.