Lock Screen Notifications?

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to make a text message light up the screen (similar to ios, coming from iphone) when it's sitting on my desk at work. I'm noticing that I miss seeing text messages or other notifications right away even though the phone screen is staring right at me. I'll pick it up, then notice the green led indicator and see the text was from 20 minutes ago. If the screen lit up, I'd see it immediately.
Just curious, still love the htc one.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Hi, and welcome to the forums! I am not that familiar with the new versions of Sense (which is what the HTC One runs), but there are several third-party text messaging apps that offer this functionality. I personally use GoSMS https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om.jb.gosms&feature=nav_result&token=m_r0pCm-., but Handcent does as well: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...mNvbS5oYW5kY2VudC5uZXh0c21zIl0&token=houMpdFq.

There is also an app called iPhone Notifcations that mimics how iOS's notfications look (I personally haven't used this): https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...MuaXBob25lbm90aWZpY2F0aW9ucyJd&token=16tzyyE4

Kris Simundson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to make a text message light up the screen (similar to ios, coming from iphone) when it's sitting on my desk at work. I'm noticing that I miss seeing text messages or other notifications right away even though the phone screen is staring right at me. I'll pick it up, then notice the green led indicator and see the text was from 20 minutes ago. If the screen lit up, I'd see it immediately.
Just curious, still love the htc one.

Are you using stock OS or a custom ROM?

Carlos Liang

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently using an app called screen notification (icon is a poorly drawn lightbulb). It gives u the option to select apps that will light up when receiving a notification and will even let you select how long it want it lit up. There is a known bug for the HTC One and hopefully they fix it soon. Its nearly perfect the only problem is that it makes the home screen super sensitive.

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I just started using Textra SMS, which is a simple clean SMS app that is in beta. It now has an option to light up the screen when an incoming text messages arrives. Group messaging and pictures seem to work more consistently than they do with other sms apps I've tried (Handcent, Go, Chomp). Liking this app a lot!

Pat Glennon

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently using an app called screen notification (icon is a poorly drawn lightbulb). It gives u the option to select apps that will light up when receiving a notification and will even let you select how long it want it lit up. There is a known bug for the HTC One and hopefully they fix it soon. Its nearly perfect the only problem is that it makes the home screen super sensitive.

I am also using this one and have been pretty happy with it. I can't say that I've noticed super sensitive home screen, but I installed Screen Notifications real early on, so don't have a long time of using the screen without it to compare it to.

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
There is lockscreen widget which allows notifications and calendar alerts on the lockscreen. There is also executive assistant.

I've used lockscreen widget in the past, but don't see the need with the One. The light blinks when I have a notification (ie, text, email or missed call). All I do is pull down the notification screen see what it is. Tapping on the notification will activate the related app - if it was a text I received then tapping on it replies to the sender. The same with email. And if it was a missed call it will call the person back or take me to visual voicemail. Because this works so well I haven't seen the need to install lockscreen widget or any other notifier.

Habits are hard to break. If you came from an iPhone you want your new phone to work just like the other one you had. I had jailbroke my last iPhone and had notification on my lockscreen long before Apple ripped that feature and the notification screen from Cydia. But I like change and coming to Android with all the extra things it can do that IOS can't do was refreshing. I have embraced the things it does differently and I've never felt the need to duplicate what I had on my old iPhone.

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I just downloaded sms popup that was reccomended on another forum and it works perfectly I was feeling the same as you you should really try it it screens on when you get a text and you can do a quick reply right from the lockscreen without changing the HTC text interface

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Figured this out if anyone still wants their phone to turn on when receing any notifications also a bad *** lock screen notification screen

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app