HTC One is stuck on startup, HELP!

carlostmac1

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I've been reading up alot on Android Central and I would just like to first thank everyone for their contributions and has made my transition from the iPhone. So far i'm i love with my HTC One and I found out that there's an update from ATT which address the issue of sensitivity on for the back and home buttons. However I ran into problems while installing and it would stop 25% of the way each time and it would show up with a red triangle with an exclamation point. Then last night it finally said no updates available and to check back within 24 hours, which was odd because i know it never updated. Next it gets really weird, whenever i would max out the volume, it would respond with it decreasing the volume until it goes to vibrate. This was an on and off occurence happening about every 10 mins or so. Then i proceeded to restart my phone because I thought that maybe a reboot would fix the problem, but instead of asking me whether i want to restart, shut down or go into airplane mode as i'm holding onto the sleep button, it actuomatically shuts down and brings me to a page where I can fastboot, factory restore, sim lock, and etc. I cant seem to get out of it as i try to power up via fastboot. I guess that the down volume rocker is somehow stuck and is causing all this. I called HTC and they said it sounds like a hardware/ softare issue and I have to option to send it in for them to fix. However, it would suck to wait 1-2 weeks for my phone to return to me.

Does anyone know whether AT&T will service or swap out my phone for me? I did purchase the phone off of craigslist. I've been using the phone for about a month now with no hiccups.

Thank you everyone for their assistance in advance.

carlostmac1

May 30, 2013
Visit site
att keeps records. if you had purchased the phone very recently yes. is there a authorized warranty shop near you?

Well i purchased it from someone on craigslist. The Device Service Center is 14 miles out but they said they dont have any replacement HTC Ones on hand so i had to call in. Turns out that this device was a warranty device anyway and now they'll be shipping me a "reconditioned" phone to me and I just have to send this one back. They also said that if they detect any water or physical damage they will charge me the full warranty fee, which is $545. This is scaring me since there's a possiblity that the person I bought it from caused the damage and not me...