1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Default In store replacements

Does anyone know if att replaces defective phones in house or if i have to send it away. The SIM slot on my phone no longer reads SIM cards and I was hoping to walk out with a working phone after they realized replacing the SIM card won't help. I have owned the phone for a total of 43 days so I know I'm out of luck for the 15 day exchange, and coming from iPhones I'm not sure how it would work with att.

Default Re: In store replacements

Quote Originally Posted by broopa View Post
    Does anyone know if att replaces defective phones in house or if i have to send it away. The SIM slot on my phone no longer reads SIM cards and I was hoping to walk out with a working phone after they realized replacing the SIM card won't help. I have owned the phone for a total of 43 days so I know I'm out of luck for the 15 day exchange, and coming from iPhones I'm not sure how it would work with att.
    You might try calling your local AT&T store to find out.

Default Re: In store replacements

My HTC One died after 1.5 months. No power, no hard reset possible, nothing. AT&T directed me to a local service center where the guys looked at it for about five seconds. Since it was dead-dead, they processed a warranty replacement for me (AT&T paid for shipping since my phone was only a 1.5 months old). Unfortunately they wouldn't give me a new one there at the store. New HTC One arrived two days later via FEDEX. Good luck