1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One camera issues

Hello,

I took some photos in darkness to show what kind of issues I'm having with my HTC One camera. I'm wondering if this is normal for most people with the HTC One or if I should get it replaced.

The two very low light images are taken in auto mode and the one with the red/major grain is taken with night mode. The photos taken outside are taken with auto/normal mode and give me a blue kinda grain on some of them. The photo of my Husky in my bedroom was taken in low light and gives a red grainy tint.

Is this normal for most HTC One users with low light pictures?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HTC One camera issues-imag0236.jpg   HTC One camera issues-imag0237.jpg   HTC One camera issues-imag0238.jpg   HTC One camera issues-imag0239.jpg   HTC One camera issues-imag0245.jpg  

Default Re: HTC One camera issues

I will take some this weekend at low light to post for you.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

I am having the exact same issue. I get the reddish tint, with a huge amount of noise (interference) in the picture. So much so, that if I keep it on while in this manner, it will sometimes crash the camera app. On pictures with slightly more light, but still low light, I get the blueish tint, also with a ton of noise showing in the photo. Also, tap to focus seems to have no real affect, and usually causes the tint to become worse. There is no way this is normal behavior. I just pray that it is somehow software related, but I don't know. If not, I'll be demanding a brand new phone very soon.
    KJD

I got the same problem with my HTC One !

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I have the same problem. See video below of my review of the galaxy s4.

I hope a software fix is available.

I have found that this is a problem with the "Auto ISO" setting. The camera has problems selecting the proper ISO in low-light situations. I'm not sure if this could be a software issue, although it would seem as though it is, but this problem does not occur on all phones so who knows? My brother's phone takes perfectly normal pictures in low-light settings, and does not suffer from this issue. Same phone, same firmware, same carrier. The workaround for this is to set your ISO manually to 400 (or less). I seem to be able to take "ok" pictures in low-light, without reddish tint and noise showing up. This upsets me though on a phone that is purported to take excellent low-light pictures, auto-ISO should function properly, hence the term AUTO!

Helo .. i also have same issue when ever i take picture in side the room with low light then the pink redish tint is visible all over the camera screen .. hope this is a software issue...

Question Re: HTC One camera issues

Hi:

I have the exact same problem with my HTC ONE. I had contacted HTC about it. They asked me to 1st do a soft reset of the phone (uncheck fast booting and restart phone) and 2nd do a hard reset (reset to factory setting). According to them if the problem was software based, this should solve the issue otherwise it is a hardware problem and you have to send phone for repair.

My issue was not resolved so as per HTC, it is hardware issue :-(. The problem for me is that although I bought the phone from US, I am living in Pakistan and now fedex-ing the phone to US for repair is a big pain.

Does anyone have any other clue as to how one can solve this issue.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HTC One camera issues-1.jpg   HTC One camera issues-2.jpg   HTC One camera issues-3.jpg   HTC One camera issues-4.jpg   HTC One camera issues-5.jpg  

I had my htc one last december. Mine is so perfect. No purple tint on the cam. I think cams on the new stocks of htc one haven't that issue anymore.

There is no alternative but to replace the camera module. So your choice is to ship it to HTC

Sent from my HTC One

Working for one of the major carriers, I've heard issues from older models, and newer models, and brand new ones having this issues, so it may be from a certain factory where the camera issues came from. Maybe there was a certain time period all HTC ones had issues. I got mine, less then seven months ago, through Walmart, mind you. Yet, mine works great! Lol. Walmart.... Of all places to have NO issues.

Posted via Android Central App
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Quote Originally Posted by AshtonVibe View Post
    Working for one of the major carriers, I've heard issues from older models, and newer models, and brand new ones having this issues, so it may be from a certain factory where the camera issues came from. Maybe there was a certain time period all HTC ones had issues. I got mine, less then seven months ago, through Walmart, mind you. Yet, mine works great! Lol. Walmart.... Of all places to have NO issues.

Shouldn't matter if its from wal mart or joe blow they all come from htc . But i agree that all the parts may not be made in the same place there still should be a quality standard they should have to meet

After a year or so I got fed up with the camera and decided to try to get the phone replaced through my carrier (AT&T) After talking to a couple tech support reps I finally got to one that knew what he was talking about and he confirmed that it was a hardware issue. He said that HTC just recently released something advising all carriers that the HTC one had camera issues and that the newer models would be fixed.

Below is a photo of my third device thats was sent out to me on 3/20/2014

HTC One camera issues-imag0003.jpg
    HTC One camera issues-imag0002.jpg

Today a received a new phone in the mail 3/24/2014

HTC One camera issues-imag0009.jpg
    HTC One camera issues-imag0008.jpg

as you can see the small bezel around the camera has changed and is more obvious instead of the flush look the older cameras had.
    You can also see the difference in quality in the pictures.
    Im happy with the new camera and am looking forward to taking pictures now even though I just ordered the Samsung Galaxy S5.

So if you are experiencing problems with your camera the software update might help a little but the source is the actual hardware design itself.
    Just give you carrier a call and your phone should be covered under the manufacturers warranty still.

Had the same camera issues and just got my replacemnt phone last week and all is working well so far

Quote Originally Posted by Jnorton2724 View Post
    Hello,

I took some photos in darkness to show what kind of issues I'm having with my HTC One camera. I'm wondering if this is normal for most people with the HTC One or if I should get it replaced.

The two very low light images are taken in auto mode and the one with the red/major grain is taken with night mode. The photos taken outside are taken with auto/normal mode and give me a blue kinda grain on some of them. The photo of my Husky in my bedroom was taken in low light and gives a red grainy tint.

Is this normal for most HTC One users with low light pictures?
    are yo nor using the flash because I only see the hat before the pic is taken ans after I don't see it.