Latest AT&T software update "bricked" my phone

redsoxsurfer

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Today I decided to check if there was any AT&T updates for my HTC One. There was. I started the process. It downloaded. Phone said it was going to restart. It did. Screen showed the typically icon of installing the downloaded upgrade. The the icon changed to a triangle with an "!" . It went a few more minutes and the phone restarted but has now been locked on the HTC One start screen. Screen has been on, showing this, for the last 6 hours. I've tried to restart (holding power and volume down button). All that it does is blink the 2 capacitive buttons on the bottom.

Any thoughts on how I can fix my phone? It is not rooted. It is purely stock out of the box.

Cheers,
Chris

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
You could try the ruu to recover it. I have one posted in the rooting section of the HTC One forums here. Not sure if it'll work, as you're a version ahead now. It's worth a shot and won't make things any worse.
Also, check to see if there is an updated ruu available. Just download the file, plug your device into your computer, power it up into hboot and run the ruu.
Good luck, let us know how this pans out.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12