got the htc one for at&t and brought my number from sprint, question

lopey986

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
i bought a brand new phone off amazon, the htc one for at&t to be exact. i transferred my number over from sprint to the new phone. turned sprint phone off, popped micro sim into the htc one from at&t and powered on. wasn't receiving any texts or anything so got curious. turned my sprint phone back on and i see everything is still going there, however when i make a call from my at&t phone the number that shows up is the one from my sprint phone. basically, i've got a sprint phone and an at&t phone both utilizing the same number, is this a case of after so long the sprint phone will be shut off or what? i'm selling the sprint phone to someone else but obviously don't want to do that if when they get it and turn it on the phone will be operating with my current number. just curious if this is a case where the sprint phone will be deactivated after a short period of time or what.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I just went through the same process but I ordered my phone from AT&T, so the SIM cards were prepped and installed when they sent it. The phone came with documentation for activating the phone with a ported number. I followed those instructions to the letter and within 5 mins the Sprint phone was no longer using the number anymore and the AT&T phone was working fine. It sounds like the SIM was not properly setup for a ported # or the port failed in some way. I know that the port requires the Sprint account # and the access pin code to work properly. I'd start your troubleshooting by calling AT&T tech support. Once the number is successfully ported the Sprint account should be deactivated automatically.

lopey986

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
yeah it is so bizarre. i can make calls from my at&t phone just fine and send texts. when someone also on at&t replies it comes back to my at&t phone. but if someone on verizon or sprint reply it goes to me sprint phone. when people try to call me it goes to my sprint phone, but when i make a call with my at&t phone it shows the correct ported number. it's really weird.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Your phone is still being deactivated by Sprint. If it takes any longer (like the afternoon today) I'd call.

It took mine 3-4 hours to transfer from Sprint to T-Mobile fully. After that.. I am golden.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

lopey986

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Your phone is still being deactivated by Sprint. If it takes any longer (like the afternoon today) I'd call.

It took mine 3-4 hours to transfer from Sprint to T-Mobile fully. After that.. I am golden.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

yeah i went ahead and called this morning. they said they had no idea i had transferred my number or anything, so wonky. they are deactivating it now and should be done within 24 hours, so get to carry around 2 phones until then!