Notification sound for differnt contact

Mark_RPMPhoto

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone,i just switched over to the darkside and purchased my HTC One from a iPhone! I am tryin to customize the notification sounds by group and cannot figure out how to do that..If you guys don't mind,i am willing to take all and any help i can get in tryin to get the most situated out of my phone...Hope to hear something soon...Thank You!

Mark_RPMPhoto

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
thank you but that operating system is different than the one that is on my phone..i dont have the option of choosing ringtones for specific contacts... :(

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
thank you but that operating system is different than the one that is on my phone..i dont have the option of choosing ringtones for specific contacts... :(
the explanation shows to open people app and set the ringtone for individual contact. it might look different on your phone but it will be there.

look for people or contacts app

DaHui623

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
the explanation shows to open people app and set the ringtone for individual contact. it might look different on your phone but it will be there.

look for people or contacts app

Correct. Open the stock HTC contacts app and select a contact. Scroll to the bottom and there should be an option to select a ringtone for that contact.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Mark_RPMPhoto

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
sorry,i didn't thoroughly explain...i am talking about the notifications sound,not the ringtone..i see the ringtones but im looking for the messages sound..theres only one contact i want differently and its my wifes contact because shes preggo and almost due...i wanna be able to hear it and know its her and know that its urgent rather than someone who can wait..thats why im trying to figure this out..thanks for your help guys! i really appreciate it..now if i have to download a app for that to be possible,then so be it...

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
You might even try Textra. A great, highly recommended SMS app that is light and clean and works really well. Handles MMS and group messaging better than many alternative apps. And I've tried many of them - GO SMS, Handcent, etc. Also the devs are extremely engaged in the app and rarely does more than a week go by w/o an update for the app. You can set not only different tones for the sms notification, you can even set a different color or notification icon (i.e. I have it show an orange icon when someone texts me, but when my wife texts, it's purple). Easy way to see if it was a text from her w/o unlocking the device.
By the way, if you are on 4.3 already, I found a nifty app called NILS. It's a lock-screen widget that you can set up under Settings, Personalize, Lock Screen Style, choose the last one (Widget). Then Choose Settings and choose the widget for NILS. This allows a notification to appear on your lockscreen for any app that sends you a notification. It will remain there until the notification is cleared from the notification panel. You can tailor it for how ever many or few apps you wish to display on your lock screen. So for example, I have Textra, Med Helper, calendar and a select few others to show on my lockscreen. But not my email, Facebook, Wifi notifications, etc. Only my most urgent ones pop up there. When you have notifications, you can swipe down on them to see more details. You can even go directly into NILS settings from there to modify the notification for that specific app. In the settings, you can modify it to hide the clock, day, etc so that it's not duplicating what HTC retains on the widget lockscreen. When you get notifications, it will be somewhat similar in nature to what you were used to with the iphone.
The only drawback on using it on the HTC One - for some reason HTC has locked down the lockscreen. So if you want to open the notification, you can swipe down, choose that app notification - but then you still have to swipe up on the HTC Unlock icon before the app opens. Not sure why HTC makes you do that and doesn't allow a direct link. But I've noticed that seems to apply to any widget that I've tried on the lockscreen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo