Love the phone, hate the camera!

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I love almost everything about the HTC One. I'm fine with the battery life and that there's no removable memory. The screen and the build are awesome.

But...

This camera is TERRIBLE. No, it exposes fine. Does a good job in low light even. But the lens distorts everything. It's too wide, and take any shot of people up close and the subjects end up looking ridiculous. It's like a mirror at a circus. Faces are deformed, and people look enormous on the edges of the frame.

They keep making these camera lenses wider and wider. It's probably because at wide angles, it's easy to achieve focus since most everything in view is in focus. As a photographer, it's really aggravating, and this HTC One is the most extreme example yet. The iPhone gets it right for the most part, but all Android phones suffer from this problem.

So I love the phone, but have to dump it eventually because of the unusable camera. Such a shame.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
This is the first time I have heard of these types of problems related to the HTC One's camera. Try clearing the camera cache and see if you have any improvements.

Otherwise, if the camera is that bad consider taking it back to the carrier and see if other HTC One models have the same results. If not, ask for a replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool