Help! Multiple HTC One Bugs?

Kenster74

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I have had an htc one from AT&T for about a month now, and I absolutely love it! Sooo much better than an iPhone.

Now that I'm comfortable with the phone, I have been tweeking it a little and have been running into some snags.

1. I can't get the stock apps to stop running. I don't like the message, email, and calendar apps that came with the phone, so I have been using the AT&T message, Maildroid, and DigiCal, all of which are vast improvements of the stock apps. One problem though: I can' t get the stock apps to shut off! I have tried going into settings>apps>all and turning them off manually, but they turn back on again after a little bit. Can't uninstall them either. Now whenever I get a text, email, or reminder, I get it twice in the notification bar and have to go back and forth with the competing apps! Any way to stop this madness?

2. Sometimes the volume on the music app won't work. Plug in the headphones, and the volume won't adjust past mute. It will only fix itself if I restart the phone. Any way to fix this??

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello, welcome to Android Central.

First thing are you updated to Android 4.3 on your HTC One? Check under Settings/About/ Software Information/

Next some stock apps and bloatware still can't be disabled even though the option exists. This situation the OEM or carrier has blocked you from doing so. Only way around this would be to root you phone and then you have many options/routes to take.

Check the 3rd party and stock apps in their Settings to see if there is an option to turn off notifications.

Kenster74

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes sir, Android 4.3 is installed.

That's crap about the bloatware, that's half the reason I left apple. After some wrestling I have been able to turn off the message service, but am still working around the mail and calendar.

I am not particularly, computer savvy, is rooting pretty straight forward?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Rooting is not the hard if you spend a little time to properly educate yourself on the process and associated terminology used. From there just properly obtaining the files and getting everything setup is half the battle.

I agree on the bloatware but I still believe you will find so much better on Android than you had on locked down Apple.

Sent from my HTC ONE using AC Forums mobile app

Kenster74

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Maybe I'll look into rooting later....

Very true about the bloatware too. I am still tinkering, and after clearing all the data in the app and then force-stopping it, the email and calendar seem to have gotten the idea and have stopped waking up every time something new comes in. I'll keep you posted.

Any ideas on how to fix the volume problem with my headphones?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01