1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Default Phone data and Wifi on at same time?

Hi all,

Got a brand-new HTC One last night and activated it. Got the first update to 4.1.2 OK. Did the online setup but that got nowhere so I ended up setting up the phone on the phone.

Called ATT today about new phone's refusal to update to 4.3. I have to wait 13 days before I'm even allowed to check again. They tried to "push" but phone refused. I turned off Mobile Data but the 4GLTE icon stays on, right alongside the WiFi icon. Did a soft reset but no change.

I created an online account to check, and have 0 data usage, but then again there is a "change" to the plan that means I don't get billed for data the first day (apparently). So I'm not sure if it's really using WiFi or LTE. I know I used at least a little 4G data while I was playing with WiFi.

Tech Support said take it back to a store and get another. I can do that, but in the mean time I did a Hard Reset. The 'easy' web-based setup suddenly worked OK (I liked what I did manually better, though), but same thing- 4GLTE symbol and WiFi icons both on at the same time. I was allowed to check for an update (gee, thanks) but none available and still stuck at 4.1.2.

I tried toggling Airplane mode on and off but I think that's a fix for a different problem.

Is there anything else I can try before I exchange handsets? I'm getting a little tired of going through setup procedures (my app settings come back, but I have to d/l apps and set up screens.)

Thanks!
    HF

Default Re: Phone data and Wifi on at same time?

My 4glte symbol is always on at home with wifi on and mobile off. I have not been using my mobile data. I believe the icon is to tell you what type of signal is in range. When I go to my Mom's house it shows her microcell and no lte. Also you can download htc sync manager and get the update from htcs website under support.

Sent from my AT&T HTC One
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaCool View Post
    My 4glte symbol is always on at home with wifi on and mobile off. I have not been using my mobile data. I believe the icon is to tell you what type of signal is in range. When I go to my Mom's house it shows her microcell and no lte. Also you can download htc sync manager and get the update from htcs website under support.

Thanks, RebeccaCool! I ended up getting a new phone, and sure enough, it does the same thing with the icons... which was unusual for the employees there.

Hopefully this phone will update to 4.3. If it does, then the swap was worth it.

HF

No problem, good luck.

go here for HTC Sync Manager
    go to
    hope this helps
    ~gabriel

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

I'm wondering if you guys are using Go Phone. I just cancelled my contact and switched using the same phone and I just started having this issue.

not on go phone. post paid plan. i had no issues updating to 4.3.
    am now waiting for 4.4 with sense 5.5. that SHOULD clear
    at&t testing at some point this month.
    ~gabriel