AT&T HTC One - Third-party keyboard issue.

strife5

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I've been having an issue with third-party keyboards for some time now, and I have now been able to pinpoint how to duplicate the issue. So basically, there are times when my keyboard (whether it be Google keyboard, swiftkey, swype, etc.) will reset itself ever 1 second. By reset itself, I mean once the keyboard is up, it will minimize and then come back up and repeat forever. A restart and factory data reset have been performed and still no luck. I had the phone swapped out in store, and the same issue happens. This problem never occurs with the HTC keyboard.
So after all this time, I have finally found the cause of the issue. When Bluetooth is on and connected to my car, this issue occurs on any third-party keyboard. As soon as I unpair the uconnect from my Bluetooth list on my phone, the issue is resolved. This must be a software issue somewhere because on my previous att htc one before I swapped it, I was running CM 10.2 and had no issues.
Can anyone help with resolving this problem? I have been doing a lot of searching, and it seems I'm the only one having this issue.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

bbinder

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I was told that uconnect doesn't support Android at all. I understand that it's only being used for Bluetooth and you don't need to remind me. However, I have run into funny things with devices that are supported as well as unsupported with uconnect. Have you checked the vehicle forums for you make and model to see if people have the issue there? Does it only happen with uconnect and other Bluetooth connections are fine?

strife5

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I believe it's an odd issue with uconnect and this particular model of phone. Didn't see anything on their forums from general searching, but to be honest I don't spend time on car forums.

I'm going to say this is closed without solution just because the rarity of the issue.

RebeccaCool

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I think not. Perhaps you are unfamiliar with uconnect and Bluetooth in this case ;)

Sorry, I missed that part of the post. I don't have any issues when I'm using bluetooth. I however don't have uconnect in my truck. 😊

Sent from my AT&T HTC One

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma