What's your warranty experience with a used phone?

Raymond Elliott

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
So I bought a One used. Its working fine; my question is if I have a problem, will AT&T warranty it? I have no receipt obviously. I know the HTC warranty is to the original owner only. Just wondering about AT&T's stance.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
So I bought a One used. Its working fine; my question is if I have a problem, will AT&T warranty it? I have no receipt obviously. I know the HTC warranty is to the original owner only. Just wondering about AT&T's stance.

I believe if you bought it used, it's only good for one year from the original activation date. And I believe you can only add new insurance to a phone if you actually bought it through AT&T in the first 30 days.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Well that blows. Sprint offers insurance on any phone you activate and i believe they will replace a used phone cuz i had a used one replaced.

Raymond Elliott

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Its an AT&T phone I bought on ebay. Don't have a problem now but was just wondering.

I know when I used iPhone, Apple didn't care where you bought it; if it was less than a year old, they would warranty it. But with iPhone, any warranty goes through Apple, not carrier.

AshtonVibe

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
You should be able to put insurance and/or warranty if you wanted. If it's an AT&T phone, even if you didn't directly buy it through AT&T, and your paying for lifetime warranty and insurance coverage, you'll be fine. Just bringing it to ATT without getting coverage, you must contact the manufacture, in which they (HTC) will look to see if it's past 1 yr, from first activation. If not, then they will help you, but not for free.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12