Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What apps should I get

In order to have this phone be all it can be without rooting it (because I tried and I suck)...like what can I download for things like security, the like?!
    Jonas23551 likes this.

Default Re: What apps should I get

download cleanmaster will keep your phone clean of junk left from old apps, advance task killer free you can set up to kill all apps running in the back ground that are running down your battery (also eating up your data). You can set up to kill all apps every 15 mins or longer.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisfl1963 View Post
    download cleanmaster will keep your phone clean of junk left from old apps, advance task killer free you can set up to kill all apps running in the back ground that are running down your battery (also eating up your data). You can set up to kill all apps every 15 mins or longer.
    No. That is one of the worst things you can do. Task killers make your phone slower and use more battery. Never install a task killer. Let Android do its job. Free RAM is wasted RAM.

Regarding the original question, I would download Nova Launcher. It is super smooth, and really customizable.

not to mention cleanmaster is bloated, spammy and now doubles as a useless antivirus as well, further slowing your system down.

killing apps constantly is contrary to a smooth running phone. there is a reason why apps are kept in memory.

if you want an app that allows you to control whatever junk is left behind from current or old apps get SD Maid. its lightweight and gives you plenty of control over what you want to do.

i second nova launcher.