Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default looking to store Notes localy on HTC one

I just transitioned from IPhone to HTC one. I was looking for a Note pad that stays locally on phone, for confidential stuff that I dont want to send to cloud or internet?? Does this phone have that feature? All the apps I see are like inkpad where there is remote storage.

Global Posts
    21,664 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: looking to store Notes localy on HTC one

Quote Originally Posted by wingnut3675 View Post
    I just transitioned from IPhone to HTC one. I was looking for a Note pad that stays locally on phone, for confidential stuff that I don’t want to send to cloud or internet?? Does this phone have that feature? All the apps I see are like inkpad where there is remote storage.
    Welcome to the forums, and Android. I like Keep myself, but that does store a backup copy to Google. The only thing I can think of is to download a PDF viewer like Kingsoft Office and use that to start a new document file.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

will check into it that may work...

At the risk of sounding stupid, why don't you use the built-in "Notes" app on the HTC One? You know, cloud sync is completely optional. And off-topic, it's too bad there's no way to get back accidentally deleted notes from Google Keep. I don't understand how anyone uses that app, knowing you can accidentally delete a note on a phone with ease and it's gone forever.

I use "Notes." https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...jacobras.notes

It's simple, elegant, and you don't need to sync to anything if you don't want to. When setting up, don't add an account.