Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Flashing ROMs without SD card, newbie question

I have an HTC One and want to flash it to another ROM. Currently it's unlocked and rooted, so a lot of work is already done. My concern is saving the backed up version of my current ROM in case things go haywire. On other phones I've simply saved it to the SD card and restored it should the need arise. Currently with my HTC One, I don't have an external place to store the backup when I wipe the device to properly install a new version. While the new ROM should work fine, I want to be safe. Any ideas as to how to handle the backup so I don't end up with a bricked phone?

Thanks

Global Posts
    6,644 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Default Re: Flashing ROMs without SD card, newbie question

Quote Originally Posted by kannon30 View Post
    I have an HTC One and want to flash it to another ROM. Currently it's unlocked and rooted, so a lot of work is already done. My concern is saving the backed up version of my current ROM in case things go haywire. On other phones I've simply saved it to the SD card and restored it should the need arise. Currently with my HTC One, I don't have an external place to store the backup when I wipe the device to properly install a new version. While the new ROM should work fine, I want to be safe. Any ideas as to how to handle the backup so I don't end up with a bricked phone?

Thanks
    Welcome to Android Central
    I'd make a Nandroid backup and save it to the internal storage, then maybe borrow someone's PC and use that to transfer it to an SD card if you have one. You can't really do much else since SD cards aren't supported. You'd just have another copy of the nandroid if the one on the phone were to get corrupted somehow

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Default Re: Flashing ROMs without SD card, newbie question

Can you use an otg cable and a thumb drive?