AT&T HTC ONE - KitKat 4.4 update available by next week.

AshtonVibe

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
New HTC One Android 4.4 Update KitKat Details for U.S.

So HTC USA, McKenzie, reported Tmobile to get the update first, as they are very close.

As for AT&T, the update is still in the testing stages. He estimates it will be ready by the end of next week, BUT no guarantee. Some insiders, from ATT, have reported it may be up to two weeks before a manual download can be done from the server. No date as to when the push will happen, but may not happen on the first day it's available.

I'm glad I have awhile longer to think about updating. I have a feeling the HTC One Max will be ready for Verizon, before ATT is even done with the One.

GabrielStorm

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
re: AT&T HTC ONE - KitKat 4.4 update available by next week.

htc had said by end of January. then issued a statement saying that they would
miss the mark,and further said in two weeks. two weeks was yesterday. now we
are to wait another 7-14 days? I might just chance it and root, go s-off and install
the rom for a gpe or dev edition device. this is on at&t -who normally I support
wholeheartedly. but NOT in this case. I lay the blame squarely on their backs

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
As I wrote before, this is one of the reasons that I left Verizon... What are they doing??

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I believe it when I see it. They been saying this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

GabrielStorm

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
one of the reasons i have gone back to WP. i enjoyed android and my One. but also found that
i was getting tired of waiting and waiting. ah, well it was a good ride while it lasted.

anon(8328984)

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
not worried about apps. there are enough that I can find
comparable apps if the one(s) on android aren't also on WP.
apps are not what I go for when choosing an OS

Even on an old android version, the One is still a great phone! Still better than any WP on the it's latest version or future version.

Posted via Android Central App

GabrielStorm

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Even on an old android version, the One is still a great phone! Still better than any WP on the it's latest version or future version.

Never said the One was a bad phone. I enjoyed carrying it since the day before it was available to the
general public on at&t.
I have used three OSes -Android, WP and iOS - and each and every one of them has pluses and minuses.
As I stated, if a version of an app I used on Android isn't on the windows store, i'll look for a comparable one.
Also, I feel that HTC, while being more transparent with the release of KitKat, missed the boat getting it out
by the originally stated date.
You have your opinions and I have mine. Use the OS that works best for you. I'll use what's best for me.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm not fretting about the delay. Sure, it would be nice to have Kitkat on my One, but the current Android version works fine for my needs.

Sent from my A500 using AC Forums mobile app

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Not sure I'll upgrade. I upgraded to Kit Kat on my Nexus 7 and it's a battery drainer. Do a little research and you'll find tons of complaints in various phone forums complaining about battery drain after the update.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Do a little more research and you will find out that after almost all ota updates battery life suffers for a little bit. They get better with time

Posted via Android Central App

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
My HTC One suffered some poor battery life right after the update so I just bit the bullet and reset my phone. Now my battery last longer then it did pre update

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2