Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

For those without the update, just set your clocks manually, and set the date ONE month ahead this one time. Second, turn on and CONNECT to wifi. Yes, it only works, to download, on wifi. Third, press on: "Att software update". Last thing, always make sure your phone is backed up, as is better safe than sorry. Once your done, set your time and dates normally.

Note: It's always best to advance your date no more than you need. Not a big thing, but it's best to be ready once the new update comes. Maybe new KitKat, but at least Sense 6.0. Remember, HTC will unveil the second generation HTC One on March 25th. Sale probably in April. As I write this, it's March 1st, 2014.

Good luck!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Default Re: HTC One: Anybody in Florida near Orlando or Daytona Beach received KitKat yet?

Quote Originally Posted by AshtonVibe View Post
    For those without the update, just set your clocks manually, and set the date ONE month ahead this one time. Second, turn on and CONNECT to wifi. Yes, it only works, to download, on wifi. Third, press on: "Att software update". Last thing, always make sure your phone is backed up, as is better safe than sorry. Once your done, set your time and dates normally.

Note: It's always best to advance your date no more than you need. Not a big thing, but it's best to be ready once the new update comes. Maybe new KitKat, but at least Sense 6.0. Remember, HTC will unveil the second generation HTC One on March 25th. Sale probably in April. As I write this, it's March 1st, 2014.

Good luck!
    This does not work for me. I tried this with the last update. I tried again several times this week. Its a no go. Thanks anyway

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: HTC One: Anybody in Florida near Orlando or Daytona Beach received KitKat yet?

Well, let's figure out what's going on. Do you have the carrier locked HTC? Do you have a good connection to wifi? Do you have your phone charged over 35%? When you hit on the ATT software update button. What happens? Did you set the date properly? (Only just like a day ahead of the countdown, to when "you may check for software updates in (x hrs) " message.)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Quote Originally Posted by AshtonVibe View Post
    Well, let's figure out what's going on. Do you have the carrier locked HTC? Do you have a good connection to wifi? Do you have your phone charged over 35%? When you hit on the ATT software update button. What happens? Did you set the date properly? (Only just like a day ahead of the countdown, to when "you may check for software updates in (x hrs) " message.)
    I have done it all. Set date a day or 2 ahead. Turned wifi on. I have an excellent connection.. Battery fully charged. Everytime I hit the software update button it comes up no software update available, will check back in another 48 hours. I'll push it another 2 days, it will check again, nothing. Restarted phone. Nada. It's fully locked AT&T HTC One..

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12