Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One: Anybody in Florida near Orlando or Daytona Beach received KitKat yet?

No kitkat in Florida for me yet!

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Anybody in Florida near Orlando or Daytona Beach received Kitkat yet?

Rollouts of system updates aren't geographic, so it won't help asking your neighbors!
    Thanked by 2:
    njlx2016Ry 
    Ry likes this.

Default Re: Anybody in Florida near Orlando or Daytona Beach received Kitkat yet?

Quote Originally Posted by MONDINGO View Post
    No kitkat in Florida for me yet!

Received update in California, San Diego

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Rollouts of system updates aren't geographic, so it won't help asking your neighbors!
    I know but thought I'd ask. Last update for 4.3 everyone in Florida got it, but me. I called AT&T technical support and they had no idea why I did not get it. They couldn't push it to my phone either. I waited another 2 weeks after the release and nothing. I had to eventually download it from HTC. COM/USA and install it through htc sync manager. I backed up everything, but still had too reset my whole phone. Hope this does not happen again. That's why I asked.

Oh I see. Just wanted to make sure you knew about how updates roll out. I wonder why your phone had the glitch last time?

I know but thought I'd ask. Last update for 4.3 everyone in Florida got it, but me. I called AT&T technical support and they had no idea why I did not get it. They couldn't push it to my phone either. I waited another 2 weeks after the release and nothing. I had to eventually download it from HTC. COM/USA and install it through htc sync manager. I backed up everything, but still had too reset my whole phone. Hope this does not happen again. That's why I asked.

I had the exact same problem, in Clearwater FL. I have since moved to Texas, and I know location has nothing to do with it. I think we just have defective phones
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Oh I see. Just wanted to make sure you knew about how updates roll out. I wonder why your phone had the glitch last time?
    It's cool! I will wait and see again...

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Acleveland31 View Post
    I had the exact same problem, in Clearwater FL. I have since moved to Texas, and I know location has nothing to do with it. I think we just have defective phones
    I wouldn't necessarily say defective phones, since mine works flawlessly. I just think maybe it's something on AT&T end that they can't figure out. I'll give it a week and see. I always thought because this was a replacement phone that this was the issue. I even called them and let them know of my new IMEI number..

MNR

I have the same issues. I'm in Boston and I have all the time to do the update manually and erase my phone content. Otherwise my phone is working great, I just don't get why it never receives the updates.
    Thanked by:

I am downloading mine right now . Im in Gainesville
    Thanked by:

In Gainesville also and just got through downloading
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrip View Post
    In Gainesville also and just got through downloading
    I'm in Daytona.. So hopefully I get it soon.. Thanks

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

For some reason I think I'm going to run into the same issue as last time and do it manually. If I keep advancing the months and days could that mess anything up. I since put it back to automatically time zone and checked for updates. I guess I'll wait another 48hours.

Ry

Global Posts
    9,098 Global Posts

This this this.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto 360 (LWX48T, Lollipop 5.0.1)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)

What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by:
    B. Diddy likes this.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Still nada!

MNR

Is there a way to update manually ?
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by MNR View Post
    Is there a way to update manually ?
    I did it from htc/us site when I never got updated to 4.3. But now they changed their site. You have to use htc sync manager also. Not available yet. Plus doing it this way wipes your phone clean like a factory reset..

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

I got it in Jacksonville just go to settings software update and begin.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by choo69 View Post
    I got it in Jacksonville just go to settings software update and begin.
    Nothing for me. I'm in Palm Coast. Says check in 48 hours. I moved the time up 3 days. Still nothing..

I just updated again , I had a replacement phone delivered today ( blown speakers) and I no sooner started transferring everything it popped up new update .
    So twice
    Thanked by:
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Still nothing..

Gainesville Fl. Nothing...

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Quote Originally Posted by parkerd97 View Post
    Gainesville Fl. Nothing...

2 people on this thread said they got the update in Gainesville already..

Ry

Global Posts
    9,098 Global Posts

Location still doesn't matter.

Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto 360 (LWX48T, Lollipop 5.0.1)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)

What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    petaf and B. Diddy like this.

2 people on this thread said they got the update in Gainesville already..

That's why it doesn't make sense. Why haven't I received it yet! >:l

Thanked by:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast