Can't disable lock screen with 4.42. Anyone know how?

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I never use it.. to me, it;s a pain. Previously we were offered options under Personalize..and one of those was to NOT have a lock screen. I don't see that option anywhere. Is it hidden somewhere? I would like my lock screen gone! I also looked under security, but nothing is getting rid of the lock screen. It's just something that may be useful for some people, but just gets in the way for me! I'd really like it gone! HELP! ..and thanks..:mad:

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
The setting to turn it off would exist under one of your settings options. Can you post a screenshot of your phone settings main screen?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
It used to be there before the update, but has been removed. So, I just downloaded the app 'No Lock', which got rid of it. It seems, though I may be wrong, that they are forcing us to have the lock screen without an option of disabling it. The app will work for now, unless there's an 'official' way to do it, like there used to be.. Thank you, though. I do appreciate you responding!

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
You're welcome. It isn't a KitKat feature to remove it, but I'm not sure if your carrier made some sort of change.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

AshtonVibe

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Nope, the update on the HTC One makes the lock screen mandatory/built in. I don't mind personally, and the quickest way to bypass it, is either download an app or launcher, or use no security and a Face recognition. I like it, may just take 1/2 sec longer. Or just deal I guess. Good luck. I just updated mine, and expected this change.

lopey986

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I find the only thing you can do is disable security on the lock screen, yet the lock screen itself still shows up.

I don't like it cause I use widget locker and now the sense lock screen flashes real quick before widget locker shows up whenever I wake my phone.

Update: tthanks for the tip on no lock. Used that and then enabled widget locker and works like it did before 4.4!

Last edited:

Alcolburn

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Go to Settings, More, Security, go down to the bottom of that screen, select Clear Credentials.

A program which was downloaded or installed on your phone after you purchased it installed some type of credentials which prevented you from being able to remove your PIN or Pattern. I had the same problem and struggled with it for several months.

I followed standard Samsung procedures and published YouTube procedures to remove my Screen Lock and go back to a swype but had no luck. The options which were supposed to be highlighted including the None option we're not highlighted. Once I cleared the Credentials, the option None was highlighted and I was able to remove my screen lock.

It is so nice to be able to access my phone without having to enter that "darn" PIN every single time ☺

Posted via Android Central App

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Kit Kat removed the option to eliminate the lockscreen. However, you can download an app called Lockscreen Widget that will give you the option of doing away with the lockscreen. Also, any number of third party launchers will give you this option.