Trouble with Exchange Setup on HTC One

calspach

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I can go through the entire process up to the very last step when it asks me to choose a name for the account and save. At that point, it takes about 30 seconds and then comes back with a message saying "Unable to setup account at this time, please try again later" I've tried multiple times, and always get this same message. I've talked to the exchange administrator at my office and actually sat with them while I did it. They could see the connection coming in to verify the User/Pass and that was all fine. Any ideas?

AshtonVibe

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hmm...tricky. I will tell you, it's best to delete all the info you put in so far. Then restart the phone. Check to make sure you are connected to a network, and a stable one. Test a web page to make sure. Also, set it up on the cellular network only, then try only wifi. Hope this helps. I'll be looking for more info, just in case this doesn't work.

Good luck!

calspach

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, we actually have done a factory reset on the phone and are still getting this. I deleted the account from another phone and was able to set it up again without a problem on an LG G2. Did notice that at this stage of the setup, I should be getting a notice how I'm giving admin rights to the exchange server so they can wipe the phone if needed. I work in healthcare, so this is normal with hipaa regulations. Anyway, i don't get that notice on the One. Wondering if there is something blocking that on the phone, but don't see anything in the settings that would.

We went to an AT&T store yesterday and they let us try to set the account up on a demo One, same error, so this almost has to be something in the Ones software that is preventing this, but of course they are saying I need to work with our exchange admin to correct this.