Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By csims9158
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Would be nice to receive the update!!!

I have been trying ever since I heard it was out. I rebooted, I moved the date but no luck. Does anyone know any other way to get the update?

Default Re: Would be nice to receive the update!!!

Your only choice is to be patient if you are looking for OTA.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Are you using an unlocked at&t phone with a different sim? I am, and apparently you need an at&t sim to do it. Guess I'm rooting the phone...
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Nope. Locked phone with an AT&T sim. I even did a factory reset and nothing. I guess I am not patient person but I will have to be now.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Still no update today. I guess I will have to wait till AT&T or HTC update their website with the RUU file.

Quote Originally Posted by dgreening View Post
    Still no update today. I guess I will have to wait till AT&T or HTC update their website with the RUU file.
    That's what I had to do with the last jelly bean update. AT&T had no idea why I did not get it. Round 2..

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I was having the same issue - it kept telling me there wasn't an update. But I noticed I couldn't do tethering with my phone so I called AT&T and they said we show you have an iPhone. I said no I have a HTC One. The agent then mentioned she needed to set it up correctly in the system and when she did - guess what - I got the update. So what I would suggest is checking with AT&T to make sure they have you setup with the right device.

I was having the same issue - it kept telling me there wasn't an update. But I noticed I couldn't do tethering with my phone so I called AT&T and they said we show you have an iPhone. I said no I have a HTC One. The agent then mentioned she needed to set it up correctly in the system and when she did - guess what - I got the update. So what I would suggest is checking with AT&T to make sure they have you setup with the right device.
    Called them already. They have the right phone and IMEI number. Just not getting it. They said be patient. While everyone else in the world already has gotten it.. Lol

Checked my other thread. I had an old orange sim card. They swapped it out for a newer whit and orange sim and now I have kitkat..

Getting a new Sim card and setting the date forward 2 days did the trick for me. It said an update was available. As soon as I got on WiFi it started downloading.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    Jimmy Walker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by csims9158 View Post
    Getting a new Sim card and setting the date forward 2 days did the trick for me. It said an update was available. As soon as I got on WiFi it started downloading.

Posted via Android Central App
    Glad it worked out. No idea why the sim card trick works, but it helped a bunch of others too.. Figured I try it. Glad I did.