Can I update an unlocked At&t One using another carrier's SIM?

greenhelium

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm using T-Mobile's network with an unlocked AT&T HTC One, and I noticed I can't get today's 4.4 update. It currently has 4.3. Doing a little bit of online looking, it seems I might need an AT&T Sim card to get the update, or else root the phone and install one of the ROMs from HTCdev. Anyone have advice?

jnannuri

May 24, 2012
Visit site
I have an unlocked AT&T One. I'm using it in India with a local network. I was able to update it to 4.4 without any issues, just the normal procedure. Everything is working fine after the update. I unlocked it using a code purchased through eBay.

Posted via Android Central App

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm using T-Mobile's network with an unlocked AT&T HTC One, and I noticed I can't get today's 4.4 update. It currently has 4.3. Doing a little bit of online looking, it seems I might need an AT&T Sim card to get the update, or else root the phone and install one of the ROMs from HTCdev. Anyone have advice?

You can take this opportunity to unlock your bootloader, flash a recovery, root, and flash a rom if you are up to it. Or maybe HTC has an RUU for it. It may be that it hasn't received the notice from AT&T that there is an update. I would say try getting an AT&T sim card in there if you want to play it safe.

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.

VidyaParayil

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Hey I also have an at&t unlocked HTC one in India.... But unable to update it... it is still at 4.1. It either keeps loading and disappear or says no updates available.... Any help ???

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey I also have an at&t unlocked HTC one in India.... But unable to update it... it is still at 4.1. It either keeps loading and disappear or says no updates available.... Any help ???

You may have to update manually. You would have to go to the HTC website and see if they have the program (RUU) that will update your phone.

rvragavan81

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Can you please let me know how to update it, since i bought it in Us with AT&T, when i unlock the phone it is only carrier unlocked and not the phone unlocked, still i am seeing at&t apps in my phone and also when i try to check for update is shows only at&t software updates.

Mahesh talluri

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi I am using HTC One M7 in India and facing updat issues it says no update available can u please help me if u have Amy info

Posted via the Android Central App