1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can I update an unlocked At&t One using another carrier's SIM?

I'm using T-Mobile's network with an unlocked AT&T HTC One, and I noticed I can't get today's 4.4 update. It currently has 4.3. Doing a little bit of online looking, it seems I might need an AT&T Sim card to get the update, or else root the phone and install one of the ROMs from HTCdev. Anyone have advice?

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Default Re: Can I update an unlocked At&t One using another carrier's SIM?

I have an unlocked AT&T One. I'm using it in India with a local network. I was able to update it to 4.4 without any issues, just the normal procedure. Everything is working fine after the update. I unlocked it using a code purchased through eBay.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    2,716 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by greenhelium View Post
    I'm using T-Mobile's network with an unlocked AT&T HTC One, and I noticed I can't get today's 4.4 update. It currently has 4.3. Doing a little bit of online looking, it seems I might need an AT&T Sim card to get the update, or else root the phone and install one of the ROMs from HTCdev. Anyone have advice?
    You can take this opportunity to unlock your bootloader, flash a recovery, root, and flash a rom if you are up to it. Or maybe HTC has an RUU for it. It may be that it hasn't received the notice from AT&T that there is an update. I would say try getting an AT&T sim card in there if you want to play it safe.

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix

Hey I also have an at&t unlocked HTC one in India.... But unable to update it... it is still at 4.1. It either keeps loading and disappear or says no updates available.... Any help ???

Global Posts
    2,716 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by VidyaParayil View Post
    Hey I also have an at&t unlocked HTC one in India.... But unable to update it... it is still at 4.1. It either keeps loading and disappear or says no updates available.... Any help ???
    You may have to update manually. You would have to go to the HTC website and see if they have the program (RUU) that will update your phone.
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix