Phone won't let me update to 4.4. Any one else having this problem?

minnis12

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Last night I used the At&t software update to search for the update and it found it so I clicked install then the box went away and nothing happened, but the little chalkboard icon stayed at the top of my screen. I couldn't get it to go away nor would it let me click the search for update button again so I had to hard reset my phone and now when I search for the update it says my phone is up to date. (Still on 4.3) is anyone else having this problem cause I can't find it on the Google machine and I'm tired of waiting on this update.

Posted via Android Central App

minnis12

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
The chalkboard thing is the device management "running" but it says nothing about a download

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any updates on my phone since getting it last April. Depending on reports here about battery life I may break down and do a manual update from HTC's site, which will cause me to have to do a factory reset and lose everything. I'm happy with the OS it came with and am on the fence about 4.4.2. For one thing, I have it on two other devices and it really drains the battery. I also don't use the lockscreen and the update takes that option away. Maybe it's time to root.....

minnis12

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
See mine tells me there's an update the first time and now the device management icon on the notification drawer won't go away. Is it because I doubt have WiFi at home? Will it only begin to download over WiFi?

DaHui623

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
See mine tells me there's an update the first time and now the device management icon on the notification drawer won't go away. Is it because I doubt have WiFi at home? Will it only begin to download over WiFi?

It's a fairly large file, so it may restrict downloading to WiFi only.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaydenWhitfield