Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One: How long do we have to wait for an update before complaining?

I'm just curious after an update is released like kitkat, how long does it usually take for everyone here in the states to get it before calling AT&T and telling them I did not receive it? I waited over 3 weeks for 4.3 to be pushed to my phone and never got it. Had to manually update it online. And lost everything on my phone. Want to avoid this again..

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-28-2014 at 06:49 AM.

Default Re: How long do we have to wait for an update before complaining?

Not really sure what the hold up is. With any luck they're fine tuning it so it's less buggy for the masses.
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post
    Not really sure what the hold up is. With any luck they're fine tuning it so it's less buggy for the masses.
    The update was already sent out last Sunday.. So unless you mean they found bugs in the update and they are tweaking them before sending the updates out again to others , maybe..

MNR

Same situation for me. My husband has an AT&t Galaxy 4, update announced on wednesday and yesterday he received it. I guess a have a buggy htc one and will have to do it manually like the last update. I have contacted htc and they said to be patient... They didn't even released the manual update on their website.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by MNR View Post
    Same situation for me. My husband has an AT&t Galaxy 4, update announced on wednesday and yesterday he received it. I guess a have a buggy htc one and will have to do it manually like the last update. I have contacted htc and they said to be patient... They didn't even released the manual update on their website.
    Really sucks if we always have to update manually.. Shouldn't have to. This has happened since day one. Maybe it's all messed up because I got a replacement phone last year. I even called AT&T and let them know my new IMEI number and everything. Still nothing. Time for everything to be erased after manually doing it. Even backing up everything, is still a pain to set it all up again.

MONDINGO,
    I have the ota and modded fw, with no red warning and dark bootloader from the update, do you want either one? the ota is [inappropriate language removed by moderators], bth tho. Let me know, and I'll put them on my Google Drive
    Last edited by Darth Spock; 05-19-2014 at 11:37 AM.

I have manually pulled the update myself, but it's easy and fun to do it that way. I didn't back up a thing on my phone, and just did the update anyhow. I did not lose a thing on my phone.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Default Re: HTC One: How long do we have to wait for an update before complaining?

Quote Originally Posted by AshtonVibe View Post
    I have manually pulled the update myself, but it's easy and fun to do it that way. I didn't back up a thing on my phone, and just did the update anyhow. I did not lose a thing on my phone.
    How did you manually do it? Are you unlocked and rooted? I did it manually from HTC site and sync manager for the 4.3 update. Still reset my whole phone. I don't think the update is available yet on HTC site.

Oh yeah, real easy. Make sure your on wifi, then go to Settings, then ATT software update. Try it, and let me know. Now, they always tell you to back up your stuff first, and it IS a good idea to do so. I'm on a locked, unrooted ATT HTC One. I actually don't know how to. Plus, I'm too busy to care or learn. I find being patient and overlooking provider restrictions, an easy and manageable feat.
    Last edited by AshtonVibe; 03-01-2014 at 12:15 AM.

It's usually what people miss. One: Wait till you see the news state the update is available "today" or "now" type headline. Two: Get on wifi. Three: Press 'software update' in settings. That simple as 1,2,3. Yeah, you could wait for a push notification, or use a computer and sync manager...maybe. No need to call HTC, or ATT, or Goggle either. They already have their money with the sale and trade of the phone(s), and most likely are no help. They employ common people to represent them and respond to your questions. I think they call this: "customer service" or something like that. Lol.

Default Re: HTC One: How long do we have to wait for an update before complaining?

I was able to receive the update by Ota the day it was out and I am in California.

Posted via Android Central App
    MNR

It's usually what people miss. One: Wait till you see the news state the update is available "today" or "now" type headline. Two: Get on wifi. Three: Press 'software update' in settings. That simple as 1,2,3. Yeah, you could wait for a push notification, or use a computer and sync manager...maybe. No need to call HTC, or ATT, or Goggle either. They already have their money with the sale and trade of the phone(s), and most likely are no help. They employ common people to represent them and respond to your questions. I think they call this: "customer service" or something like that. Lol.
    I have tried your easy 1,2 and 3 steps and it is not working with my phone. Even changing the date is not working, the phones says no updates available, try in 48 hours. Like all the previous updates. And when we mention a manually update it is by downloading the file on the HTC website (but not available for this update) and pushing it on the phone via HTC Sync manager.
    But thank you for trying to help !
    Thanked by:

Oh yeah, real easy. Make sure your on wifi, then go to Settings, then ATT software update. Try it, and let me know. Now, they always tell you to back up your stuff first, and it IS a good idea to do so. I'm on a locked, unrooted ATT HTC One. I actually don't know how to. Plus, I'm too busy to care or learn. I find being patient and overlooking provider restrictions, an easy and manageable feat.
    I think they are talking about downloading it from a computer. Essentially side-loading the update. If you go that route, I have heard (I've never had to do it) that it wipes the phone to stock with whatever version is out at the time (4.4.2).

No the way they are talking about Ota where you check for update by going to your settings and checking I do d and I got the update and did and I did not wipe my phone.

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by usguyver View Post
    No the way they are talking about Ota where you check for update by going to your settings and checking I do d and I got the update and did and I did not wipe my phone.

Yes! Side loading the update from the HTC site does wipe your phone. I have never gotten an update ever on my One. This is only way to do it for me. I called AT&T and they did say it is something in my phone that is not recognizing the update. They want me to factory reset it of course and try again. Forget it. I'll wait until the update us on HTC site.

Well, I did the factory reset and it didn't help my phone at all. It's still not getting the update.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Doh View Post
    Well, I did the factory reset and it didn't help my phone at all. It's still not getting the update.
    Same here.. I tried it yesterday. Still nothing..

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using AC Forums mobile app

I was having the same issue - it kept telling me there wasn't an update. But I noticed I couldn't do tethering with my phone so I called AT&T and they said we show you have an iPhone. I said no I have a HTC One. The agent then mentioned she needed to set it up correctly in the system and when she did - guess what - I got the update. So what I would suggest is checking with AT&T to make sure they have you setup with the right device.