Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RebeccaCool
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Default Browser

How do I set Chrome as the default browser?

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: Default Browser

Quote Originally Posted by hpilot View Post
    How do I set Chrome as the default browser?
    You can go to your settings>apps and clear app preferences. The next time you want to open a link, a pop up should come up asking what browser you want to use. You can then set chrome as the browser of choice.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    You can go to your settings>apps and clear app preferences. The next time you want to open a link, a pop up should come up asking what browser you want to use. You can then set chrome as the browser of choice.
    Thanks, but that's kind of a nuclear option. It would wipe out months of work in setting up all my other apps. I can't believe there is not another way...

Thanks, but that's kind of a nuclear option. It would wipe out months of work in setting up all my other apps. I can't believe there is not another way...
    What they meant was go to settings click apps, go to the browser that is default now, click on it, scroll down and clear defaults for that app only. Then next time you open a news story or what not it will ask which browser to use, click chrome and click always.

Sent from my AT&T HTC One
    wizzrah likes this.

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

You only do it to the stock browser I believe.

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks. I disabled it, and that seems to work.